General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Winamp
Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 13, 2002 06:19PM

I got Realone Player and Windows Media Player to work in KM,now how do i get Winamp to work?.your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Winamp
Posted by: Rhys
Date: February 13, 2002 06:30PM

Hi Andrew

I setup KM to play Winamp streams (*.pl files) by adding the following entries in my prefs.js file (you may already have the last two entries in prefs.js if you have setup Real player)....

user_pref("browser.helperApps.neverAsk.openFile", "audio%2Fscpls");
user_pref("kmeleon.general.CloseDownloadDialog", true);
user_pref("kmeleon.general.saveDir", "C:\\temp\\");

Rhys

Date: February 13, 2002 07:33PM

Thanks Rhys; works great.

Posted by: Andres
Date: February 14, 2002 12:25AM

Just curious, what for do you use WinAmp for with K-Meleon? (I mean which files, as WinAmp seems not to play any html-embedded files, and as for wavs or mp3s, it seems to download them first - for ages - and then play... Or did I do something wrong?)

Date: February 14, 2002 05:29AM

I use Winamp mostly to play Streamimg MP3 from Radio Stations on the Internet , My CD audio and my downloaded MP3 files, it also plays the follofwing files.

* MP3/MP2 (MPEG audio layers 1, 2, and 3)
* MOD/S3M/XM/IT (digital synthesized music formats)
* MIDI/MID (musical instrument digital interface)
* WAV/VOC (digital audio file)
* CDA (compact disc audio)
* WMA (Windows Media Audio)
* AS/ASFS (Audiosoft secure MP3 file)
It is probably the best MP3 Player,check it out at www.winamp.com .

Posted by: Rhys
Date: February 14, 2002 05:51AM

Andres

You can launch Winamp from K-Meleon to play streaming MP3 files (like Andrew says...for internet radio stations). The files have a .pls extension.

For example... check out http://www.shoutcast.com for examples of streaming MP3's.

Rhys

Date: February 17, 2002 08:20AM

Ryhs

I have a problem,when I enter the line in my pref.js (helperApps etc.) for Winamp it replaces the entry I allready had in pref. js for Realaudio and Winamp works but Realaudio stops working,likewise if i reenter the entry for realaudio Winamp stops working..Why is one entry replacing the other instead of creating a new entry?.

I know it is something that I am doing wrong but just can't think of it.any ideas?.

Posted by: Andres
Date: February 17, 2002 09:52AM

There cannot be two similar keys in prefs.js.

You should add the Winamp pref after RealPlayer pref in the same line like this (separated from the previous entries with a comma and a blank space):

user_pref("browser.helperApps.neverAsk.openFile", "audio/x-pn-realaudio, audio/x-realaudio, application/vnd.rn-realmedia, audio/scpls");

All this should be one *unbroken* line.

Date: February 17, 2002 04:01PM

Thanks Andres;
that's it,works fine now,I suspected something like that.

Posted by: vegas
Date: February 19, 2002 04:38PM

Hopefully someone can assist. I want to us Windows Media Player to play " .wma and .asf " files from hyperlinks on web site pages. This is very easy to do with Internet Explorer but does not work with Kmeleon. I entered the script in the "prefs.js" file like this - user_pref("browser.helperApps.neverAsk.openFile","audio/x-pn-realaudio,audio/x-realaudio,application/vnd.rn-realmedia");
user_pref("kmeleon.general.CloseDownloadDialog"",true);
user_pref("kmeleon.general.saveDir","C:\\temp\\");

The media just downloaded as code on the browser page. I saw "andy" had this mastered and wrote him, but I sure would appreciate help from anyone.
Thanks
Vegas

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.