General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
km freezes up at this site
Posted by: timoch
Date: February 14, 2002 01:33AM

Whenever go to hereontheweb.com km freezes, either with the I bar cursor, or the hourglass cursor. This forces me to use ctr-alt-del to close km and get my computer back for the cybertroll. On occasion, the page has actually loaded completely, but when I went to a link, then tried to return to the site, the site froze upon loading. I have accept cookies enabled, accept all images and java also.
Is there something that I am missing, or is this another reason to keep IE in my computer?
Most of the sites that other readers on forum have reported having trouble with, I can load just fine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: km freezes up at this site
Posted by: Leaky Dog
Date: February 14, 2002 12:07PM

My KM freezes up on that site also. I lifted the code and looked it over ,
of note is Jphover class (javascript) , which tends to bring down both Netscape & KM
whenever a website uses it, for me and others as I understand it. The site also
makes use of 'X10 pop-unders' (ad banners with more javascript) which I suspect
KM doesn't handle well based on the few weeks I've been using the browser.

I'll tell you what is funny here. Off By 1 loaded the site completely in just a few
minutes (no javascript in that browser) but it struggled with the images. Tends
to suggest my thoughts on this are correct. MIE 5.0 loaded the site with images
without any problem and that damned Jphover script worked fine.

My suggestion (short of using MIE) is as follows (from the site).

==============================
Please report broken links or other problems with this web site to
webmaster@hereontheweb.com [webmaster@hereontheweb.com] We appreciate your input!
===============================

Posted by: Norman Prather
Date: February 14, 2002 02:07PM

I (almost) hate to say this: just checked this site. Seems to be working fine for me.
NTP

Posted by: Andres
Date: February 14, 2002 02:17PM

I would (almost) hate to repeat what Norman said but I had no problems with that page. A little slow, that's all. But there seems to be a load of quite useless things, as usual with such sites, so no wonder.

Date: February 14, 2002 08:56PM

I was reading this site and decided to try to open hereonthe web.com by typing the url in the box. The page started to open and then km froze. I used cont-alt-del to close km, then restarted it, typed in the URL , and the opening page came up. I went to the link "missing money" and clicked on it. Then used the "back" arrow to retun to hereonthe web. Km froze up. The relationship seems to be that it will open with a fresh browser, or new startup, but messes up using an existing browser.

Posted by: Bill
Date: February 15, 2002 05:56AM

Works fine for me, clicked on several of their links. My OS is win98 256MB. Mabe some of these lockups have to do with what OS is being used?

Date: February 16, 2002 02:23AM

I'm using win 98se have 160 meg of memory. I tried reloading km, without uninstalling it first) and java, and it still freezes, on some occasions, it shut km down. This is the only site that I have found that does it. I do use Naviscope which is a proxy ad killer, but I've turned off all of those functions.

Posted by: kemal
Date: February 16, 2002 03:26AM

Loads ok on my system (KM 0.6 b 547, Win98SE)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.