K-MeleonCCF 0.03 Beta5 *
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: September 03, 2005 05:47PM

Dorian has incorporated a lot of things into K-Meleon core now. Great work all the time! Here is the list of the release notes of his SMA4:

* Fix: Toolbar menu badly checked
* Add: Url bar background color depending on security state (yellow=ok, red=broken/mixed?)
* Add: Download font dialog
* Add: Cookie dialog details
* Add: Chevrons in bookmark

Re: K-MeleonCCF 0.03 Beta5 *
Date: September 03, 2005 05:56PM

It seems that the filtering system prevent me posing things. So here it is :

http://kmeleon.blogspot.com/

Maybe somebody can help me post.

Hao

Date: September 03, 2005 06:00PM

Let me try to post it part by part:

K-MeleonCCF 0.03 Beta5

Dorian has incorporated a lot of things into K-Meleon core now. Great work all the time! Here is the list of the release notes of his SMA4:

* Add: Url bar background color depending on security state (yellow=ok, red=broken/mixed?)
* Add: Chevrons in bookmark & layer toolbars
* Add: Find bar
* Add: Sidebar API
* Add: Partial favicon support (and MRU behavior changed)
* Src: Updated for latest moz (download dialog again)

And also he added pretty good real-tab system into KM. Here is the list of new TAB system IDs:

ID_NEW_TAB
ID_TAB_NEXT
ID_TAB_PREV
ID_CLOSE_TAB
ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_TAB
ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB
ID_OPEN_FRAME_IN_NEW_TAB
ID_OPEN_FRAME_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB

Posted by: AmboyGuy
Date: September 03, 2005 06:01PM

Here's the file Link :
'K-MeleonCCF0.03B5.exe'

Date: September 03, 2005 06:04PM

The new SMA4 is almost ready. Dorian is adding some new settings into tabs now. But here is some sneakpeak: (I didn't make any screenshots, these are from some Jap guy who 's also our forum visitor, his blog is at http://catmint.chu.jp/kkblog/, nice work.)

Date: September 03, 2005 06:05PM

[Release Notes]
* Add: Chevrons in bookmark & layer toolbars
* Add: Find bar (Ctrl + F)
* Add: Sidebar API (Bookmark Sidebar now work)
* Add: Partial favicon support (and MRU behavior changed)
* Src: Updated for latest moz (download dialog again) Gecko 1.9a1
* Tab Support into kernel (still buggy)

[Download]

Two versions are available now:

* Tab Version (Experimental)
Note: Since many macros are based on Layer plugin, this version lack of many functions. And the tab system is still in testing. The good thing is the taskbar flashing problem is gone smiling smiley I'm still working on this version to make more macros work.

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/%7Ehaojng/K-MeleonCCF0.03B5.exe

* Layer Version (Recommend)
This version uses layer plugin, no tab, so it's compatible with our old macros. With all the new functions in SMA4 but not using tab. It's recommended to use.

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/%7Ehaojng/K-MeleonCCF0.03B5_layer.exe

Date: September 03, 2005 06:06PM

@AmboyGuy
smiling smiley You action is too fast. I havn't finished my post.

Hao

Date: September 03, 2005 06:13PM

Since Dorian's final SMA4 is not released yet. Here is a pre-release version of K-MeleonCCF 0.03 Beta5, this means I will upgrade it after Dorian's final release.

Date: September 03, 2005 06:42PM

@AmboyGuy
smiling smiley You action is too fast. I havn't finished my post.

Hao

Sorry about that Hao. The forum didn't translate the link properly anyway.
I had seen the programs posted and got a little excited.
The tabs version sounds interesting. I think a lot of search & replace in the macros.cfg file.

Date: September 03, 2005 07:47PM

Hey, guys,
Since there are still some major bugs in this build, I have to pull this build out from the download site. Let's just wait for Dorian's SMA4's release and his fixes. Thanks for Dorian.

Hao

Posted by: Brian
Date: September 03, 2005 09:47PM

oh man... this is big. i can't wait for this. i don't care how buggy it is... i've been wanting someone to get rid of the layers plugin and replace it with tabs for the longest time. I just hope that we'll still be able to customize the menu that comes up when you right click on an item in the tab bar. I hope I'm reading this right.

Brian

Posted by: Jeff
Date: September 03, 2005 10:21PM

What is CCF? An upgrade to KM 0.9?

Posted by: mchasard
Date: September 03, 2005 10:36PM

happy to see another version but only the layer version is available ...very strange that no tab appears ...i can't see only on the right a way to reach the new opened page ...

i hope that a new one version with tab will be released ...

Thanks in advance ...

Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 04, 2005 01:38AM

Hao, Fred & Dorian,

Can hardly wait for the new releases!

<g>

N

Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 04, 2005 01:39AM

Brian,

Hmmmm. I've grown so accustomed to "layers" that I've actually grown to like the dll!

<wry grin>

N

Posted by: Carson
Date: September 04, 2005 04:35AM

@Jeff, the CCF versions are built and named by Hao Jiang. Hao is our most prolific redesigner of the K-Meleon 0.9 build that was released January 17, and is available as a download via the link shown in the green margin on the left.

The "official" K-Meleon remains that 0.9 build of last January, which was put together largely through the effort of one man, Ulf Erikson. Ulf almost never makes an appearance in this forum, and he lets us know he does not even use K-Meleon!

Greatly supporting Ulf's efforts is the work of a dozen or two other experts who actively contribute to the forums. They are among the names you see here all the time, and they frequently are happy to answer quite basic questions from newcomers.

It is these fellows who have toyed with K-M constantly over several years, refining the basic builds. Whether you would call Hao's work, or any of their work, a newer "build" or a modification of the same build is something of a moot point. I guess "upgrade" is a good enough way to say it, but these are not official upgrades. They are experimental.

So we have Hao producing a long continuum of his CCF K-Meleon versions. He does not call all his K-Ms CCF. Hao also creates minimal editions he calls ME.

And Hao is not the only one working on improvements. A long list of "upgraded" K-Meleons is documented in two threads, which I'll bump to the top for you. They keep track of things along the way.

If you want to be very secure and yet up to date, you can use that original K-Meleon--well, you can use it just as it is, and you'll be fine--but if you WANT, you can add in one of Brian Bruns' updates, which are the simplest, easiest ways to give you a very dependable yet very stylishly NEW (!) K-Meleon.

Hao's work, however, never stops, and Hao has provided us all with myriad advances and nifty-keeners innovations, for which we all feel a lot of respect for Hao and his generosity. :-)

Date: September 04, 2005 05:49AM

@ Carson,
Thanks for the post. You flattered me a lot. Actually, I' m not a real coder. What I did were just recompiling of the official KM and some modification of plugins. The recent huge progress KM has made are all contributed by a REAL programmer Dorian. He developed KM's source a lot. My work to put up a version is really trivia.

Hao

Posted by: Jeff
Date: September 04, 2005 07:33AM

It looks great, will probably replace Opera for me when tabs work right. In Opera you can hold the right/left mouse button down while left/right clicking and navigate through the history, can I set that up in KM?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 04, 2005 08:45AM

As usual, you're too hasty Hao winking smiley
Let make things clear, the newb tab system is not planned for SMa4. I want to keep that one stable if possible. The new tab system is still lacking a lot feature and I'm still unsure on how to structure it (what should I put in a plugin)

As for SMa4 release will be postponed until I can figure out if I can make a proper favicon support.

Date: September 04, 2005 07:08PM

This appears to be some sort of 'Oriental Torture device'. First it's there and then it's gone and now they're dangling a carrot in front of you that's just out of reach.

Luckily I have Hao's layer version, ( missed the Tabs experiment version )
running with my menus & macros & toolbars without any noticable problems.

I do like the security colored address bar.

Date: September 04, 2005 07:28PM

@AmboyGuy
@Dorian

That's my fault. I should not put this version up so hasty. I think we 're not ready for the tab version yet. So please forgive me for this time.

Hao

Date: September 04, 2005 09:22PM

Hao, no apologies needed. I was just joking.

I did manage to get an early version of Dorian's SMa4 (20050901) but no source code. I would have liked to examine the source to see what changes had taken place but it was never posted.

Pluging SMa4 into 1.8a4 & 1.9a1 GRE's wasn't producing any problems with my menu's, macro's, & toolbars. Most functions I've used (like downloading) appeared to work normally. (I'm using your layer version right now).

I think it's good advertising (like Micro$oft) you build user anticipation to a fever pitch and then delay the shipping date.

Posted by: aimfiend
Date: September 05, 2005 04:00PM

Dorian did a delicate EXE
Hao did versatile chrome and script

wonderful jobs , thanks alotsmiling smiley

Posted by: Fred
Date: September 05, 2005 04:49PM

I think we should give again the link to the layer version of Beta 5,
because this version works well :

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~haojng/K-MeleonCCF0.03B5_layer.exe

Thank you, Hao and Dorian. I will soon offer a ME 0.04-modified based on it.

Fred

Date: September 05, 2005 05:10PM

Thanks for re-posting that, Fred. I wanted to get that one. I try to keep a repository, but sometimes I need to go back and get a new download. :-)

Date: September 05, 2005 07:03PM

Well, I came in on this one a few days late. It is a very nice build indeed, and it seems fast and smooth on my system.

I had a quirky little problem with the menus config in the default MSN skin. Strangely, they didn't like the moving around that I always do. I copied a Phoenity-Mod skin over from a recent K-M by Fred, and used that.

Posted by: ra
Date: September 05, 2005 08:23PM

I think we should give again the link to the layer version of Beta 5,
because this version works well :

JFYI:

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.gestures.SLnomoveI", "ID_SAVE_IMAGE_AS");
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.gestures.SLnomoveLI", "ID_SAVE_IMAGE_AS");

is broken. It just doesn't do anything instead of showing the save as dialog on shift+left click on an image.

Date: September 06, 2005 12:13AM

Thanks, ra.

Date: September 06, 2005 04:02AM

@ra,
I modified the offical gesture plugin to incorporate the drag and drop behavior, and in my version there is no your prefs. So you can use the official gesture plugin instead anyway.

Hao

Posted by: ra
Date: September 06, 2005 07:30PM

Hao,

thanks for clarification.

What is this drag and drop behavior about?

And isn't there a way to add it without breaking old stuff (no offense intended, just a question)? ;-)

BTW: What exactly is broken? SLnomove, ID_SAVE_IMAGE_AS, ..?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.