General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
What is the KM icon's file name?
Posted by: Cliff
Date: March 08, 2002 08:32PM

I installed Aol and of course it overwrites everything. I've got almost everything back now, except I can't find the name of the KM icon. Could someone give me an idea of what it is, so that I can get rid of these blue Microsoft "e" icons". Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the KM icon's file name?
Posted by: DJ
Date: March 09, 2002 09:53AM

try the resources page

Posted by: Deft
Date: March 09, 2002 04:28PM

Do you mean for html file icons and whatever? The icons for those are in the km exe file.

Date: March 09, 2002 09:09PM

I mean, the name of the gif or the bmp or whatever it is of the little green dragon head thing. I have had a look in resources and documenation but to a relative newbie like myself it's not obvious.

Posted by: po
Date: March 10, 2002 05:11AM

do you mean the animated dragon head, that breathes smoke?

that's the throbber, and it's file name is throbber.avi ...

there should be a copy in your profile directory, and one in the defaults\profile\ directory, too.

Date: March 10, 2002 10:43AM

Thanks Po, but I've looked in both the profile directory and in the parent directory, but when I go to View>Options>File Types>.html/.htm>edit>open>change icon, and select either of those directories - in fact any km directory or folder, I get an error message saying that "[x] does not contain any icons."

I suppose another way to do it would just be to create a gif of the dragons head and put it somewhere in the k-m folder.

Date: March 10, 2002 11:52AM

I've solved it - in Explorer I deleted all the file types that I wanted km to handle, then added them again as new file types, associating them with km; then, as some of you folks have said, there is a choice of icons in km.exe. Moral of the story is - do not be seduced by the offer of a free month of phone calls from AOL smiling smiley Thanks for your help DJ, Deft, and po.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.