Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.71' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` RealOne Player
General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
RealOne Player
Posted by: Andrew_G
Date: March 09, 2002 07:01PM

Please help;

I upgraded to RealOne Player and now I can no longer play Realmedia files in KM.
I know that I have to change my Prefs.js but I am not sure what the new entry should be.I tried a few things but they did not work.any assistance will be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RealOne Player
Posted by: Andres
Date: March 09, 2002 08:10PM

I think you should have these lines in your prefs.js for that purpose:

user_pref("browser.helperApps.neverAsk.openFile", "audio/x-pn-realaudio, audio/x-realaudio, application/vnd.rn-realmedia");

user_pref("kmeleon.general.CloseDownloadDialog", true);

user_pref("kmeleon.general.saveDir", "C:\\xxx\");

where xxx is your default download directory.

NB! The first line of the three should be continuous, i.e. not broken!

If you have those entries present, you can just add the necessary values. If RealOne is not similar to the previous versions of RealPlayer, I am not sure but hope this will work (let us know about any success).

Date: March 09, 2002 11:10PM

Thanks for your quick answer,Andres;
those are the lines I have been using before the upgrade,using "temp" as my download directory and it worked fine,however, the open action is now
C:\ Program Files\Real\RealOne Player\realplay and I am not sure how to modify the entry accordingly. and how do I know if "temp" is the correct directory.

Everything else works OK,Winamp,Windows Media Player Etc.

Date: March 10, 2002 12:22PM

When you install or upgrade RealPlayer, the installer itself should set the new path to the RP application correctly. You can edit the system's default open properties for different file types from Start - Settings - Folder Options - File Types, if they are not correct yet. K-Meleon just uses those values and in so far as I know you don't have to enter the program's location in prefs.js. Note that RealPlayer has many different file types and they can all be edited separately. But I still think you probably don't have to change anything there as it has been done, if necessary, by the installer.

As for the general save directory, you just have to have that directory on your hard drive, so any directory will do (like C:\Temp) as long as you have it there.

I do not use RealOne myself. Maybe there are some new MIME-types involved? In that case, you can experiment with taking MIME-types from Start - Settings - Folder Options - File Types and adding those types to the first of the three lines in prefs.js. (MIME types are in the form of e.g. audio/x-pn-realaudio etc.)

Date: March 10, 2002 03:35PM

I checked File types in folder options but did not see anything new except the new open path. You mentioned adding the necessary values if realOne was different, I am not sure what you were referring to.In folder options all it tells me is that file exts.RAM,RM etc are opened with RealOne Player,there is no reference to MIME types such as audio/x-pn-realaudio etc that I could see.My knowledge in this area is somewhat limited so any additional information will be appreciated.

I will be greatfull also if anyone using RealOne Player in KM with WinME could let me know how they got it to work. thanks.

Date: March 10, 2002 04:02PM

also this is what I see when I search "about:plugins".

RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)

File name: C:\Program Files\Opera\Program\Plugins\nppl3260.dll
RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In

Mime Type Description Suffixes Enabled
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin RealPlayer(tm) as Plug-in (*.rpm) rpm Yes

This is not exactly as it is laid out.

Date: March 10, 2002 04:32PM

You can check MIME types by going to Settings - Folder Options - File Types and finding the file types with the blue Real logo and then pressing "Edit". The MIME type should show then in a box somewhere. But basically, the main RealMedia types should already be covered in your prefs.js.

Another idea would be to copy the file nppl3260.dll from your Opera\Program\Plugins folder to K-Meleon\Plugins. You should also copy the file nppl3260.xpt. Then restart K-Meleon and use some testing site (like http://www.garbage.com) for checking whether real media works.

Otherwise I don't know because I am using an older version of RealPlayer with Windows 98SE.

Date: March 10, 2002 07:50PM

Hello Andres;

I copied those files from the Opera Plugins folder to KM Plugins folder but it did not work.

I have spent enough time on this without success.I am just going to leave it as is and use IE or Opera to play Real Media files and hope that the next version of KM will do a better job with plugins.This is my main problem with KM and I am sure with many others as well. Thanks for your valuable time spent trying to help me.

Date: April 11, 2002 08:11PM

Hello Andres;

I uninstalled RealOne Player and installed Real Player 8 basic and it works fine now.
I did not like RealOne anyhow.Thanks for your help.

Posted by: Fulvio
Date: April 15, 2002 09:21PM

No use fighting city hall,but I have been copying the entire plugin folder from one of the Mozillas,and RealOne is called to play,kicking and screaming.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon