General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Mozilla 0.9.9 is out!
Posted by: Kemal
Date: March 12, 2002 05:19AM

I wait breathlessly for the new improved K-Meleon!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mozilla 0.9.9 is out!
Posted by: Al.
Date: March 12, 2002 05:39AM

....if that is all they have been waiting for ;-)

Posted by: 133t
Date: March 14, 2002 06:53AM

Since K-Meleon .6 is based of Mozilla 0.9.5, well if version .7 of K-Meleon supports Mozilla 0.9.9 then we will be very happy boys and girls.

Posted by: Duud
Date: March 15, 2002 08:02AM

Why you need new mozilla? K-meleon works fine now.

Posted by: Zeiram
Date: March 15, 2002 09:14AM

> Why you need new mozilla? K-meleon works fine now.

Because of all the bug fixes that are in moz 0.9.9 and which will find their way in K-Meleon. Among others, I'm particularly looking forward to these bug fixes :
1.- support for "non-official" (ie, not delivered by verisign) security certificates;
2.- support for FTP (ok, we can have it now, but I'm looking forward to the day I could brag about K-M to my friends and have them install it fully working without another step than double-clicking on the setup file);
3.- support to disable the new pop-ups advertisers devised (which use a onLoad event on an IMG tag);
4.- natively support MathML (BTW, is this also in mcfEmbed, or only in mozilla's full version?).

But yes, K-M is an excellent browser right now. I use it daily with very little problems (it tends to crash randomly on my company's intranet site, but I have no idea why) and love it everyday for its small footprint. Nevertheless, for all the little glitches that are in Gecko 0.9.6 I will rejoice greatly when the new K-M version is out.

(Don't worry K-M developpers. I won't be nagging you, I know you'll release K-M when it's ready and this is enough of a release date for me).

Zeiram

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.