General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
I'm impressed!
Posted by: Adam
Date: March 18, 2002 03:47AM

K-meleon being my first delve into the alternative browser scene I'm quite impressed. Quick D/L on a shitty connection, pages loading faster, easy to customize. I like it. My only suggestion would be to strip it down further and perhaps hold a logo design contest (no offense, but the current logo reminds me of cleaning fish as a youngin).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm impressed!
Posted by: azwethinkweiz
Date: March 23, 2002 10:16AM

jup!

Posted by: Nightingale
Date: March 29, 2002 07:45AM

That's a great idea!

I'm an artist and am not impressed with the logo either.

I'd also like to suggest an easier way to implement skins ... instead of having to use zip files. On certain other applications, e.g., the music software, you can just click on a skin that you fancy, download it, click on the downloaded skin and, emidiately, your programe is transformed into that particular skin -- great for computer dummies such as myself! winking smiley

Posted by: lele
Date: March 29, 2002 08:47AM

> I'd also like to suggest an easier way to implement skins
yeah.. that would be a great idea.. also to implement sth to make translations easier..
actually all the developers are working on the structure of the browser... i mean.. these are minor matters (however, if someone wants to write an app or simply modify km source code and implement this feature... smiling smiley : only if you have a stable, fast and working browser you can implement skins... isn't it?
as far as the logo is concerned, I think (but I'm not sure) it is gecko's logo... I don't think it's too bad (but i'm not an artist at all !)
byez
lele

Posted by: hattedjon
Date: March 30, 2002 09:37PM

I'd just like to say thankyou for making this genuine freeware! I was using Opera before , but after running them side by side for awhile, have K-Meleon as the only browser installed on my system. Following previous comments, I have to say that I'm not too concerned with skins. Speed and stability count more, it is a little more attractive than the basic IE look though. Thankyou very much!

Posted by: po
Date: March 30, 2002 10:10PM

i don't think anyone is too concerned with skins... at least, nobody who's likely to DO anything about it. winking smiley there was some talk in one of these threads about making a skinning format with superpimp or something, but it's really not the primary concern of anyone working on the browser. k-meleon isn't really 'skinnable' in the sense of winamp or something, so using that term might be confusing the issue a little. that said, it is highly configurable, toolbar-wise, and i'm working on a fairly comprehensive doc that will hopefully make this possible for anyone to take advantage of... knock on wood.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.