General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Download.com has discovered K-M
Posted by: Tobben
Date: March 21, 2002 09:02AM

Download.com (aka download.cnet.com) is currently showcasing K-M 0.6 as one of five browser(-related) pieces of software in their "Download spotlight" for Browsers:
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10058.html?tag=dir

(I think they had K-M 0.4 for download until recently)

K-M is at the moment the 5th most downloaded "alternative browser" on download.com (Opera is no 1, 2 & 4, Fastbrowser no 3):

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0,10151,0-3364666-106-0-1-10,00.html?tag=st.dl.3364666-106-1.lst-10.lst&;

...and the public loves you: 15 votes so far, 100% positive! Whee!
While I'm at it: I would like to thank the K-M team for being polite to their users. If you write anything critical of Mozilla on Slashdot or Mozillazine some Moz team member will invariably be offended and tell you to "go fix the problem yourself" - or something far more rude... It is nice to see that you manage to keep your cool even after the 100th post asking about a release date for K-M 0.7.

Keep up the good work!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Download.com has discovered K-M
Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 21, 2002 01:23PM

Tobben,

Thanks for pointing out that K-Meleon was featured. Glad to see that download.com finally caught up with our current release.

We do our best to provide polite support!

Andrew

Posted by: aditya
Date: March 25, 2002 08:09AM

yes thats true. i also came to know about this superfast browser from download.com now they even have put k-meleon on their internet catagory homepage. i am a new user but i liked it!

Posted by: Nightingale
Date: March 28, 2002 08:05AM

I did to, actually, just this evening in fact ... and I was updating Opera -- which is a nice browser, but I cannot stand the imposing ads thereon! sad smiley

I'm very new to this browser, KM, and two things have been a problem -- perhaps due to my ignorance. First, I couldn't import my 'favourites/bookmarks' and I also couldn't download anything from this browser.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Thank you kindly! smiling smiley

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 28, 2002 08:27AM

Nightingale,

Can you provide a little more detail? Which were you trying to import? Favorites, Bookmarks or both?

The downloading has a few glitches. Avoid using the right-click context menu as "Save Link As..." Instead, just double-click on the file that you want to download and a "Save As..." dialog box will appear. Once you've selected the location of your download, a progress bar will display showing you the progress of the download. This is something we hope to have fixed in the next release.

Andrew

Posted by: Nightingale
Date: March 28, 2002 07:23PM

Thank you! I was trying to inport the 'favourites' from IE6 and even the ones from Opera, but I'm not sure that I can do, really.

When I clicked on a hot link to downlowd an update for my video card, nothing came up at all -- no dialogue box -- nothing ... and then, a few seconds later, I got an error message stating something to the effect of having 'timed out', but I was still clearly on line every time that happened; I tried several times as well.

Again, thank you kindly! smiling smiley

Posted by: Julian
Date: March 29, 2002 12:41AM

Maybe the download actually did start and timed out because of the server. Once in a while I've noticed that there was no window once I chose 'save as' and confirmed the download folder. No status window to be seen but the firewall said that KM was accessing the web. After a short while - the estimated download time - the file appeared at the right place. (KM0.6, Win 98SE)

(note: I guess that's already been covered in the bug reports, simply never tried to look it up there.)

Posted by: Al.
Date: March 29, 2002 05:30AM

>(note: I guess that's already been covered in the bug reports, simply never tried to >look it up there.)

The disappearing download dialogue box is a *well known* bug for 0.6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.