General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Flash Plugin
Posted by: Doug
Date: March 22, 2002 02:04PM

I love K-Meleon, but I cant get Shockwave to install. I have tried having it be recognized at Netscape and as IE. I have IE on my computer, but not Netscape.

Can you tell me what folder it should go in? (I get this option only when replicating Netscape - When replicating IE it will not even let me download the installer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flash Plugin
Posted by: Ominx
Date: March 22, 2002 08:48PM

You can download the non-ie plugin from this link:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/flash/english/win95nt/6.0.23.0/flashplayer6installer.exe

During install, choose "other browser" and when prompted for the plugins folder choose, c:\program files\k-meleon\plugins

You should then find file npswf32.dll in that directory.

Ominx

Posted by: Len
Date: March 23, 2002 11:02PM

I had the same problem and the shockwave installer: absolutely refused to install the plugin in the k-meleon plugin folder. I had to install opera (again) to get it to get the plugin and then copied it to the k-meleon plugin folder. Went to a shockwave site and the install completed through k-meleon without a hitch.

Posted by: Andrew_G
Date: March 24, 2002 01:47AM

As I said before, I believe that Plugins are one of the main problems with KM at the moment,the way I see it.

Posted by: timoch
Date: March 24, 2002 05:21PM

An easier way to get the plugin is enter the plugin in google search. There are several sites that have it for the downloading. Then unzip it to the km plugin folder

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.