General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
A suggestion
Posted by: mediter
Date: March 23, 2002 10:26PM

First of all may I congratulate the team of K-Meleon. I am not saying this because KM is the best browser, but my goodness me, in such an early stage it is fast and stable that competes with the big ones.

I use Netcaptor which iteslf uses IE. I like the idea of browsing through several windows held on one browser (similar to Opera) rather than opening them all over the place. I wonder if this is in the plan of KM.

I have noticed that some DHTML does not function on KM, I believe improvements will come along with time. And finally I tried to log onto my bank with KM but was not succesful.

On the positive side, the pop-up stopper works nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A suggestion
Posted by: sven
Date: March 24, 2002 09:11PM

Can you post exactly which DHTML code doesn't work?

Posted by: mediter
Date: March 24, 2002 11:30PM

The above link is my site statistics which I do not mind to put here. On the left menu under 'Site Statistics' there are 6 menus in grey - Traffic, Referrers etc. By moving the mouse each one of them opens a window with more menus. You will see this on IE, but neither Netscape nor Opera show the menus.

By the way, the term DHTML might not be correct, I am not an expert in this field, but I hope this helps the development of K-Meleon.

Posted by: Simon
Date: March 30, 2002 09:20PM

The menus on http://www.dhtmlcentral.com don't load.

Posted by: timoch
Date: March 31, 2002 01:40AM

They seem to load for me alright. I'm using Win98 SE.

Posted by: hattedjon
Date: March 31, 2002 02:59AM

Also load fine for me. I'm using 98SE/Lite - Micro

Date: March 31, 2002 03:14AM

I just did a quick search on Google and the first site offering Calypso was : http://www.webattack.com/get/calypso but there seemed to be quite a few others! The only problem I've had with it is some sort of conflict with NapMX (something to do with .ocx files I think) but I like it so much that I decided to miss out on NapMX rather than lose Calypso. Kept the advantage of all the OpenNap servers, provided by NapMX before I uninstalled it and reinstalled Calypso, though ; )

Date: March 31, 2002 03:18AM

Ooops! Just realised I posted the last comment in the wrong thread! I'll try and find the right one now!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.