General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
out of memory? are you kidding?
Posted by: steve
Date: March 25, 2002 07:56AM

I installed kmeleon 0.6 on my comp and when i fire it up from the desktop icon i get an error saying the computer is out of memory and free more memory by closing some applications. Whats with this???? I only had windows, tiny firewall and norton av2002 running on my computer. i dont know whats causing this. My system is pretty new. specs- athlon xp 2000+ , 512mb ddr pc-2600, 60gb hdd and my os is windows xp pro. I got heaps and heapes of free ram (can see this in windows task manager) and harddisk space. can anyone please help??? i love kmeleon. Yeah and it works fine on my laptop but thats running windows 2000 pro.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: out of memory? are you kidding?
Posted by: Al.
Date: March 27, 2002 04:08AM

Try disabling (unloading) your anti-virus scanner, and see what happens.
Also, whilst not XP specific, have a read of this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q253912
There may be a tip or two you can follow there.

Posted by: ThatDude
Date: March 30, 2002 02:22AM

Well i tell ya KM eats up memory anyway,,when ya do get it running take another look in your taskmanager and see,,KM 06 on my win2k pro uses at times over 30megs,,thats why I'm not running it anymore,,I will wait for the new <snailspace> release and see if they have done anything for the memory footprint,,if not then i will totaly forget <can> kmeleon..

Posted by: Schockwave
Date: March 30, 2002 12:27PM

Well, I have no problems and I have got several icons in the launchbar: Modem Booster, Stay Connected, AVG, Outpost Firewall, Cacheman, Odigo, MSN, ICQ, and some of the others, which possibly do not use up, or only very little, memory! I have Athlon 1.2, 256 megabites of memory and 20 GIG hard drive. I also have Eudora minimised and am still able to do things with no problems. Cacheman has several settings which you can check out and it will monitor and make sure that you do not run out of resources. I find this tool very useful and can be downloaded from http://www.outertech.com for free.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.