General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
problems viewing my website
Posted by: Frank
Date: March 30, 2002 12:07AM

When using K-Meleon to view my own website it didn't display everything properly and the site search didn't work at all. Check it out and compare with the result in IE. Maybe you could figure out the problem. My URL is http://www.frankhardie.ontheweb.com

Thanx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problems viewing my website
Posted by: po
Date: March 30, 2002 12:41AM

this probably sums up the problem:

<meta content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR>

no offense, but it seems like that site could fulfill it's purpose perfectly well without the use of frames and javascript... that's often where wide browser compatibility goes out the window, i believe. smiling smiley

Posted by: thatdude
Date: March 30, 2002 01:16AM

Frank (---.rochd1.qld.optusnet.com.au)
Your website has java script errors even in ie,,fix it,,and the little stop on mouse down action is beatable by right clicking on the page and when the little unauthorized dialog pops up just keep holding the right click button down and hit the space bar to by pass that function,,everybody nows that....
I got java script errors befor the page even opened in ie,,you need to fix your website,,maybe ya could take out some of that java crap ya have all throughout the source.

Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: March 30, 2002 06:22AM

You might also want to send your web site through http://validator.w3.org/ as it will catch a lot of other mistakes.

Right off the bat, you don't have document type declaration, but that won't cause KM to have problems. It is an indication that you probably have other problems as well, though. Bad HTML means you never know how it will show up on the myriad of browsers out there. Use standard HTML and you're most of the way to making your pages work across all the various browsers.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.