General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FEEDBACK to SPECIAL PLATFORM ~ Post Questions, Discussion HERE
Posted by: Enaitz Jar
Date: November 28, 2005 12:26PM

What does it mean that? Is Carson really gone?
Why?

Did I said something wrong? :-)

Hope he'll be back soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bst82551
Date: November 28, 2005 07:59PM

I hope so too. He was a very important part of K-Meleon. Everyone needs a break sometimes though... let's hope it's just a break though (unless, of course he would be happier by not coming back).

Brian

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 29, 2005 06:23AM

if - guess it is my fault. regards

Posted by: Penang
Date: December 05, 2005 04:06AM

This is a free world, anyone is free to join and free to leave. I know it's sad to see people leaving, but let me be blunt - c'est la vie !

There's a lesson here to be learned tho' - and that is, it's okay to disagree but please, be sure that the disagreement is about issue not about individual.

'nuf said.

Posted by: gray49
Date: December 05, 2005 05:30AM

@Penang,
Well said.
Peace,
Stuart

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 05, 2005 06:26PM

Everyone,

Just an observation about the nature of communicating via this forum message chat system. Unlike conversation, where there is a free give and take and misunderstandings can be immediately sorted out, this text format here gives you no such freedom to revise and correct your remarks. If you make a mistake in your typing or are not clear in your remarks as typed, you have to live with the mistake.

So, the give and take here is artifical and can lead to misstatements, overstatements and misunderstandings.

I take everything I write and read here with a grain of salt and always realize that the complete text of the conversation may take a day or two or more to resolve as people repost, cross post and explain what they really meant...eventually!

Don't get me wrong, this is a great way for people from all over the world to come together and support K-Meleon, but it is always, sadly, a pretty primitive mechanism in the end result.

So Carson and Guenter, an old saying here in the States: "Let sleeping dogs lie" and revise and extend your comments to fit, as the U.S. Senate says all the time.

<VBG>

N

Posted by: Midas
Date: December 12, 2005 03:06PM

Culpeper posted this on another thread,
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=33459&t=33459
but I find it is more fitting here, so I took the liberty to repost it.

Author: Culpeper (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: 12-11-05 14:48

You guys need to quit arguing. You need a council. I don't care who opposes it. You need one. This forum is suffering from groupthink and can no longer make a valid decision because a few people that had control of the development have jumped ship. That makes this ship now your ship. You really don't need this URL. Start a council. Make some initial decisions. Get a team together and get this ship floating again. To hell with the previous people that were involved with K-Meleon. They have never said so much as "Good-bye", "Kiss my ass", or anything else so it is obvious to me that they could care less. This is your program now as far as I'm concerned. Contact sourceforge and explain the situation as a group. An organized group. A group that make things happen. Even Ulf has stated, "This is your browser". Even I can take a hint.

Someone needs to contact AFIAK, ulf, Andrew Mutch, and for forth to gain the proper access and permissions. Give them a polite deadline to respond by. If they don't respond than you can contact sourceforge and get some information or permissions. Do this in the form of a council. You guys have the talent to pick up where they left off. This has been round-robined to death.

What is going to happen is one day this website's expiration date is going to come up and you will come here and it will be gone.

Posted by: bst82551
Date: December 13, 2005 01:44AM

As harsh as that may seem, I'd have to say that pretty much everything said is the truth.

Brian

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.