General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
DHTML
Posted by: Simon
Date: March 30, 2002 09:01PM

Hi,

K-Meleon is great, way better than Opera! the only thing stopping me from switching is lack of support for dhtml.

Does anyone know when/if K-Meleon will support DHTML?

Thanks,

Simon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DHTML
Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 31, 2002 04:25AM

Simon,

K-Meleon will support whatever DHTML that Mozilla supports. If it uses IE-specific code, it's probably not going to work.

Andrew

Date: March 31, 2002 12:39PM

Well the code on dhtmlcentral.com works well on Opera, IE and Netscape but not on KM. They claim it is standards compliant....

Date: March 31, 2002 05:22PM

Simon,

The menus on dhtmlcentral.com worked fine for me. Can you give a specific example that didn't work?

Andrew

Date: March 31, 2002 05:45PM

Andrew,

The menus just don't appear, I get their logo in the top left corner, and the blue horizonal bar. But below that, it's just blank.

I have javascript and everything enabled. I am running version 0.6 build 547 on Windows 2000. Any syggestions?

Thanks

Posted by: Kurt
Date: March 31, 2002 07:02PM

Simon,

Go to edit - preferences - privacy and set your browser identification to default and then dhtmlcentral.com will work.

Kurt

Date: March 31, 2002 07:51PM

It works now, thanks Kurt!

Any idea why the browser identification effects that?

Simon

Date: April 01, 2002 12:09AM

Simon,

Without looking at the code, it might have been doing a browser sniff to see what version of browser you were running. If you told it you were IE, it wouldn't use the correct code to render the menus properly.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.