General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
URL Field is gone!
Posted by: aLCHEMY
Date: April 02, 2002 05:55AM

For some reason, the URL field at the top of the browser is missing and, therefore, I cannot type in a URL to access another web site. I'm curious what happened to it and how I can access it.

Also, when I click on a link to a URL from an eMail, etc., the KM browser comes up, but will only take me to its home page and not the link I clicked on. Why is that, please? What can I do to change that?

I'm new w/KM, so I don't know how to configure this thing either... smiling smiley

Thank you in advance for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: URL Field is gone!
Posted by: po
Date: April 02, 2002 08:19AM

first thing to do about the URL field is drag some of the other toolbars around and make sure it isn't hiding behind one of them (it looks like this will be less likely to happen in the next version).

as for the links from mail messages, that has everything to do with what mail client you're using and what it's doing when you click on the link... if you provide a little more information, someone might be able to help you figure it out.

Date: April 03, 2002 01:14AM

Thank you. I was able to take care of the URL field. smiling smiley

About the links, when I'm reading an eMail that's got a hotlink in it [to a web site, etc.], I click on it, but KM will NOT go to that site! It only goes to its own site! I've tried this from both eMail clients I've used -- Pegasus and Outlook Express -- all to no avail...

Posted by: po
Date: April 03, 2002 03:03AM

if you go to Edit>Preferences, on the first page you can set what pages k-meleon goes to when you start it or open a new window; for now, you might want to set them both to 'blank' just to make troubleshooting a little easier.

as far as i can remember, pegasus is pretty configurable as far as what it does when you click on a link, and OE isn't (but it's been a while since iv'e used either one - things may have changed) so you might want to focus on pegasus. look through the options for configuring what browser it uses for links, and hopefully it will make sense from there...

Date: April 03, 2002 05:44AM

Great! Thank you SO much! smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.