General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
probably a dumb question
Posted by: xygo
Date: April 05, 2002 01:57AM

when km is set to accept cookies, where does it store them? I checked my temp internet files and its empty, although I may not have been to a site that had cookies.
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: probably a dumb question
Posted by: po
Date: April 05, 2002 02:42AM

in your profile folder... a file called, oddly enough, cookies.txt. smiling smiley

Date: April 05, 2002 02:45AM

oh, and you can also access this file from within k-meleon by going to Edit>Preferences>Privacy and clicking on the 'edit cookies' button underneath where you set cookie behavior.

Date: April 05, 2002 06:05AM

thanks for the help.

Date: April 07, 2002 01:43AM

Ok. I found the cookie file but inside it says its a generated file and not to edit. How then does one clear cookies, should I delete the text inside the file, the whole file, or do something else.

Date: April 07, 2002 02:18AM

you can nuke the whole file if you don't want any of the cookies.

you can also edit the file in a text editor by just removing individual lines with cookies you don't want, in spite of the warning... but you didn't hear it from me. winking smiley

oh, and if you use notepad, the lines won't terminate properly, because it's a unix-style text file, but there are plenty of good free editors that handle this just fine... you could try metapad or win32pad if you don't have one you like already.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.