Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.72' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` Changing the look of KM
General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Changing the look of KM
Posted by: aLCHEMY
Date: April 05, 2002 05:19AM

How do you implement a new skin -- once you've unzipped the file? Where in the KM do you place the 7 files (bitmap) to change the appearance of the browser tool bar so that it doens't look like blah ol' IE?

Note: Please be as specific and detailed as possible, as I'm not too keen on this stuff.

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changing the look of KM
Posted by: Mark Paschal
Date: April 05, 2002 12:00PM

In your profile directory (mine is d:\programs\kmeleon\Profiles\default\0wnayg2t.slt ), with the appropriate filenames (tool1.bmp, tool2.bmp, &c). You'll have to restart K-Meleon to see the change.

Re: Changing the look of KM
Posted by: Al.
Date: April 06, 2002 03:08AM

Yep, the folder with the .slt (extension?) on it is where you unzip (extract) the files contained within the zip file you download. If your zip program asks you if you want to overwrite existing files, then click on "yes".
Depending upon which compression prgram you are using, most of them have a right-click context menu item such as "Extract To...", just select that option from the context menu, then just browse to the .slt folder, and selct it for extracting to.
Of course all of this was explained to another user recently in this forum thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=3232&t=3232
however it would appear that even after all the detailed explanations, he still didn't quite get the jist of it. ;-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon