General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
When Final Release of K-Meleon
Posted by: Spenser
Date: April 23, 2002 02:54PM

I wait and I wait but still no final release of K-Meleon.

Do I have to seek an answer from The Great and Power Full Oz as to when we can expect it???

By the time K-Meleon releases a final version Opera, Netscape, and IE will be on version 7. something!!!

Regards,

Waiting In New York

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When Final Release of K-Meleon
Posted by: ToX
Date: April 23, 2002 06:49PM

well 0.6 works just great so... i just keep waiting for a sensational 0.7... but now i'm happy with this release smiling smiley

Posted by: NotThatDude
Date: April 23, 2002 07:53PM

0.6 is great (it's the least-bloated, most-customizable browser I've ever used), but there is just enough flakiness that I cannot yet recommend it as an IE replacement.

The top 3 reasons why I cannot yet recommend K-Meleon:
1. Site certificate support broken
2. Incomplete frame support (no view frame source, no print active frame)
3. Inline frame support is flaky (go to http://www.bvsd.k12.co.us/schools/boulderhigh/departments/library/index.html click any link then hit the Back button)

Most of the problems I have with 0.6 should be solved by the update of the underlying mozilla.

In any case I just wish that a public beta would be made available so that we could all see the progress being made--(perhaps a hybrid of old stable code and new stable code--leave out the new unstable code for now).

As I join the ranks that have thrased this lifeless pony, I must ask when will we see 0.7? In one month? Three? This year?
-ThatDude can bite me

Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 23, 2002 08:21PM

Read the update I posted today.

Andrew

Posted by: Mike James
Date: April 28, 2002 03:43AM

Well this feels like a final release to me. This is just about the fastest browser I have ever used. No crashes, no freeze-ups and renders all my favourite sites like a breeze. I use Netscape 6.2 for specific profiles and Messenger as my email client, but as from today this is my new default. The reason: I don't need bloat when I'm surfing. So my message to the developers is: Stop developing! Give or take a minor bug or two (and I haven't come across any yet), just leave it as it is. Perfect.

Many thanks for a lean, mean browsing machine!

Mike.

Posted by: Coolin
Date: April 28, 2002 07:54PM

The RC1 release of Mozilla 1.0 is much faster than 0.9.5 milestone the current K-Meleon is based on.

K-Meleon has always released non-bloatware programs and I'm sure K-Meleon 0.7 won't be an exception.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.