General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Permission to distribute themes
Posted by: bst82551
Date: February 02, 2006 01:37AM

To all creators of skins and themes, I'd like to personally ask if it would be okay with each of you to post your skins and themes to deviantART. Credit will be given to each of you in the comments of each of the skins or themes.
I will not post these skins and themes without your permission, so I'd be very happy to receive a response from you. I would contact each of you personally, but I can't seem to find any way to contact you other than the forums.
The themes and skins will be posted under the K-Meleon group account. If you would prefer to post them with your own account, you can create one by clicking on the first link in this post which goes straight to the deviantART homepage. From there, simply click "Become a Deviant" to create a new deviantART account.
Thank you for reading.
I look forward to hearing from you all.

Brian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Permission to distribute themes
Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 02, 2006 02:46AM

Brian,

I did not create any of the themes (skins), but there is one thing I would like to see happen. There are/were a lot of skins that were very much loved earlier on. Some of them need to be updated to add in some of the icons that are needed for Dorian, Fred and Hao's upgrades. Much as I love Phoenity and Klassic, there are others I like better. (Yes, your guess is correct....Early Blue!) But not just my favorite theme. Nautoplis for one and other newer ones that I haven't played enough with...YET!

As for posting, I would think that whenever the people who did the work are happy with how current their themes are they definitely should be posted.

N

Date: February 02, 2006 03:34AM

Just to give me a rough idea of how out of date these older skins and themes you are speaking of are... icons for which functions are missing?
I could include which version(s) of K-Meleon the skins/themes work best with in the description when I post each skin/theme on deviantART.

Brian

Posted by: rmn
Date: February 02, 2006 06:59AM

For themes that are adapted (or, I suspect, plagiarized) from other people's work, you also need permission from the original author(s), unless of course their licenses permit redistribution.

By the way, there's a little theme there called "min", created by me (and Al., actually), to which I don't give you permission to redistribute in deviantART; it would be an insult to their community smiling smiley.

Date: February 03, 2006 07:45PM

@rmn
Haha, that's fine. I don't mind being told not to redistribute any themes or skins. I simply want to make sure that I don't cause any problems by just posting them on deviantART without permission.

Brian

Posted by: Al.
Date: February 03, 2006 08:51PM

If you give me an idea of what needs to be updated then I'll do the updates to my themes myself (and Eyes-Only's as he passed his themes on to me).

Like rmn has mentioned, as some of the themes are based upon themes produced by other people, then permission may have to be sought to add them onto DeviatArt. I originally chased up permission from the author's (whereever necessary) eons ago in order to replicate the images and add them here on the K-Meleon Wiki. Chasing up more permissions may take some time.

Having said that there are a couple of my own original creations sitting there which I will give permission to be included if you want Brian. Mosaik, Warped, Java Duke and Crossover are all *original* theme creations by myself so pending whatever updates are needed then they will be OK to go onto DeviantArt.

Date: February 04, 2006 01:43AM

@Al.
All of the themes which you listed seemed to be just fine the way they are. I don't see a reason why any of them would need any updates. Do you see anything that I may be missing?
By the way, would you for me to post both the 0.8.x AND 0.9.x or just the 0.9.x themes? I don't mind posting both, but if the 0.9 theme will work for 0.8.x versions, then I don't see much of a reason for me to post both. Also... for the 0.8.x versions, I saw that you had a "Bonus Pack". I think it would be a good idea to place all three versions of each theme on deviantART if the 0.9.x themes don't work for 0.8.x versions.

Brian

Date: February 04, 2006 03:22AM

Maybe your right. I did make sure at the time when I was authoring the themes to make sure that enough toolbar icons were included to cover any additional functions which may have been added in by the user were included whenever possible. When I worked on Mosaik and Warped however I was limited with the source material that I had available as most of it was drawn from the original browser image sources, and back then browsers were a bit more simplistic in their intended function. Those themes may not be as expandable as the others.

As for including the v0.8 themes, sure they are as complete as they get. The Bonus Packs were an extra thing I did on a couple of themes back at the time, and they sort of extended the function of the browser with things like "Javascript On/Off, Toggle Images etc." *before* the days that such functions were included by default in v0.9.x and above. It was all a prelude to future K-Meleon development ideas in a way ;-)

So by all means add them all if you want. Also I'll give you a tip Brian. If you're finding it difficult to find a way to get in touch with the other theme authors, sometimes if you have a look at the header (or footer) in the toolbars.cfg file of the respective theme file, the author will most often have included their email address there.

Date: February 04, 2006 01:00PM

@Al.
Thanks for the tip. I'm sure it will help me quite a bit. I should have those four themes posted to deviantART soon.

Brian

Date: February 04, 2006 01:47PM

They have been posted:
http://k-meleon.deviantart.com/

One thing which may or may not really be a problem is that when there were different versions of each theme, I used the same screenshot for all versions of the theme. Should I load up each skin and take screenshots for each version of each theme so that one can tell the difference between each of the versions?

Also, the descriptions were rather brief because I didn't know what to put. Is there anything else I should include?

Brian

Date: February 04, 2006 07:09PM

Al,

<<If you give me an idea of what needs to be updated then I'll do the updates to my themes myself (and Eyes-Only's as he passed his themes on to me).>>

Being totally selifsh in this regard, I only have one request...Early Blue!

<weak grin>

N

Date: February 05, 2006 01:02AM

One thing which may or may not really be a problem is that when there were different versions of each theme, I used the same screenshot for all versions of the theme. Should I load up each skin and take screenshots for each version of each theme so that one can tell the difference between each of the versions?

The screenshots should be Ok, although they are of v0.9 the Privacy Bar isn't showing in them so the themes more or less look like they would under v0.8, give or take a couple of toolbar buttons. Unless of course you wanted a screenshot of the theme with the Bonus Pack added for v0.8.x, well then you woulmd have to do a completely new screenshot.

As it stands I'd just leave them as is mainly because ppl will probably be more interested in v0.9 themes more than anything.

Also, the descriptions were rather brief because I didn't know what to put. Is there anything else I should include?

If I can think of anything extra I'll get back to you on it. The current descriptions are the same as on the Wiki so that's Ok for now.

ndebord

Being totally selifsh in this regard, I only have one request...Early Blue!

I should've guessed ;-)

Well if somebody can explain what extra toolbar buttons and/or functions are included in the alternative versions of K-Meleon mentioned I might consider updating it. As I am only using v0.9 + Brian Brun's current update I don't know what extra needs to be done, and nor am I inclined to investigate myself (I don't want to upset the apple cart).

Date: February 05, 2006 03:06AM

Yes, I took the descriptions from the wiki and put them in quotes because I felt that they described the themes better than I would be able to.

Brian

Date: February 05, 2006 04:20AM

Al,

ND>> Being totally selifsh in this regard, I only have one request...Early Blue!

Al>> I should've guessed ;-) Well if somebody can explain what extra toolbar buttons and/or functions are included in the alternative versions of K-Meleon mentioned I might consider updating it. As I am only using v0.9 + Brian Brun's current update I don't know what extra needs to be done, and nor am I inclined to investigate myself (I don't want to upset the apple cart).

Al,

I can't say exactly what needs to be added, except to note that both Fred and Hao have added functions to the toolbar (or toolbars as the case may be). NoScript, AdBlock, Javascript stuff come to mind, but I'm not really sure exactlyt what all they've done here and what they've added in terms of icons that you can put up on the main icon toolbar.

Personally, my everyday browser is also Brian's update to Ulf's original. For testing purposes, I run Fred's 0.8 update, his official 0.9.12 and Dorian's KMSM 1.0b5. Of all of them, Dorian keeps closest to Ulf's original concept to my mind, but I could be wrong, as there are enough variations out there to confuse my simple mind!

<weak grin>

N

Date: February 05, 2006 06:00AM

I can't say exactly what needs to be added, except to note that both Fred and Hao have added functions to the toolbar (or toolbars as the case may be). NoScript, AdBlock, Javascript stuff come to mind, but I'm not really sure exactlyt what all they've done here and what they've added in terms of icons that you can put up on the main icon toolbar.

It's odd but I haven't read any complaints from anybody yet about missing a toolbar button or function from any of the themes, so maybe we aren't missing anything? Unless it's something on the Privacy Bar maybe? If the v0.9.12 of K-Meleon ships with both Klassic and Phoenity, well those themes haven't been purposely updated for a while anyhow (not since v0.9 of course). There's no mention of an update to them in the release notes anywhere either. So are the new functions only menu inclusive perhaps?

Anyways if that's the case then no real need for an update yet...

Date: February 05, 2006 02:27PM

I'd have to agree with you, Al. Everything seems to be in order and I haven't noticed any extra buttons on any toolbars (other than just the noscript, adblock, and javascript). Personally, in the Nuvola skin with the extra adblock toolbar, I simply disable the toolbar because I don't think it's necessary to have. Hao's Adblock toolbar has no images- only words. I do just fine with my menus, navigation (back, forward, stop, and refresh), URL bar, search button, go button, and tabs (or layers) bar.
The javascript button is already included in the privacy bar, right? I don't know about the other two, but I don't think they are necessary.

Brian

Date: February 07, 2006 07:15AM

Personally, in the Nuvola skin with the extra adblock toolbar, I simply disable the toolbar because I don't think it's necessary to have. Hao's Adblock toolbar has no images- only words...

Actually I was wondering, if it's no hassle of course, if you could post a screenshot of those two toolbars in action for me Brian. I might have a look at them and then do a rendition of them for my own themes, quite possibly as an add-on (aka seperate) download for those who would like to adapt one of my themes (or anyone else's for that matter) for use with Hao Jiang's versions of K-Meleon.

Another thing which has occured to me, Eyes-Only's "Netscape Modern" theme might be another good candidate for inclusion on the DeviantArt website. I've re-read his included "readme.txt" file, and also from my own recollection the theme itself has not been "plagiarised" from any other browser theme out there, which makes it kinda original in ways. I'd personally like to see one of Eyes-Only's themes included as he was a dedicated themer back many days ago, plus Netscape Modern was his first fully fledged theme for K-Meleon. I'm sure he'd appreciate it being there.

Date: February 09, 2006 03:02AM

I created a Proxy toolbar for the Proxy macro a while back. The toolbar I made only supports the use of three proxies, but it could be expanded to use as many as you'd like.
Here's a screenshot of the Adblock toolbar and Proxy toolbar:
http://bst82551.ath.cx:8181/pics/SS/adblock-proxy.jpg

The javascript button can be seen here (available in K-Meleon 0.9.12):
http://bst82551.ath.cx:8181/pics/SS/javascript-button.jpg

For more info on my proxy toolbar (which really was done for fun and, in my opinion, serves no real purpose) can be found here (made for the Nuvola theme):
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=34904&t=34785

The Adblock toolbar can be seen in most of the CCF builds in the default Nuvola theme.

The javascript button comes with the Phoenity skin in K-Meleon 0.9.12.

Brian

Posted by: Rapido
Date: April 04, 2007 09:03AM

Well go ahead and show them on DevianArt but make sure to tell wich ones are ported and from where. The ones I've ported where all opensource I should say.

Yours: Rapido

credit not card consolidation
Posted by: consolidation card information credit
Date: April 13, 2007 10:54PM

consolidation help credit card credit not card consolidation

Posted by: syrek
Date: April 15, 2007 08:45PM

feel free to add my skin, that is the tango skin.

Posted by: Van
Date: July 28, 2007 05:22PM

Anyone know where to obtain Nautipolis listed here: http://perso.orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions
The download link is broken. Thanks.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 28, 2007 06:45PM

@Van, alain has been informed - guess he has not had time to fix the link.

And I lost my USB stick with the updates sad smiley // backup zip was corrupt like normal.
You just have to wait untill alain finds time.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 28, 2007 07:33PM

Drink is not a good thing for an old man :-)

Here was the bad link:

perso.orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/K-Ext110_Nautiplois.exe

it's better like this:

perso.orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/K-Ext110_Nautipolis.exe

The page has been corrected

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2007 07:34PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: batifol
Date: July 30, 2007 08:28AM

it's better like this:

perso.orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/K-Ext110_Nautipolis.exe

and better with hottool.bmp[2] in toolbars.cfg (line stop) :-)

GC

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 30, 2007 12:24PM

thx batifol - I checked and found some additional typos in the part that could call German privacy icons. And I sent new Nautipolis toolbars.cfg to alain.

Date: July 30, 2007 03:10PM

cfg file and URL on the site corrected.

Thanks

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Posted by: Pag
Date: August 07, 2007 07:30PM

Anyone have new links for 888-Gold-060820F and 888-Gold-060820F-Large?

They are the first 2 on http://perso.orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions

Both links are bad

Thanks

Date: August 07, 2007 07:55PM

Sorry, links corrected

A+

Posted by: Pag
Date: August 07, 2007 08:46PM

Thanks Alain. Sorry that I missed a bad one. Nautipolis has a bad link too. Thank
you again.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.