General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
flashget
Posted by: cege
Date: April 29, 2002 10:35AM

when the right-click "download with flashget" (like in internet explorer) is available ?

if it's, how do it ?

bye !

antoine (french user)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: flashget
Posted by: Al.
Date: April 30, 2002 04:51AM

That sort of "integration" with Internet Explorer is probably added by the Flashget program itself, so unless you can get the Flashget programmers interested, then it's unlikely that it would be added.

Posted by: po
Date: April 30, 2002 06:50AM

with the upcoming macro scripting plugin, you'll be able to create this type of integration fairly easily - i have something exactly like you describe working on the current beta (using wget, not flashget)... it's handy, since the normal file downloading is kind of broken on the current build...

Posted by: Al.
Date: April 30, 2002 09:51PM

Well that's true, you can add your own macro if you like, however isn't it a case of knowing the exact command to use to initiate the file download in the external program (like Flashget) rather than K-Meleon po?

Posted by: po
Date: April 30, 2002 11:59PM

i don't know about flashget, but most of the web utilities i like to use just accept a URL as a parameter... this isn't useful in the 0.6 macro scripting, since there's no way good way to pass the file URL to the command, but in the new version you can, in various ways.

which makes k-meleon VERY useful, and i hope they get all the bugs worked out, i hope i hope i hope... smiling smiley

Posted by: timoch
Date: May 01, 2002 04:45PM

I had been using Flashget for some time with KM using the Opera plugin. The only reason I changed to Stardownloader is for its automated shutdown feature. I now use Lemondialer that has a timer built in, so I considering uninstalling Star and going back to Flashget just because of the ability to choose between it and the KM downloader by using a right click. I emailed Star about incorporating that feature, but got no answer.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.