General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
And I thought K-Meleon was dead
Posted by: Damien
Date: April 30, 2002 11:28AM

I've been under the impresion for the last few months that the K-Meleon project had up and died. There is no indication on the web site that activity is still happening. I'm just lucky that I decided to read the Forums to see if anything was happening.

I note that on 25/04/02 an update was released on when 0.7 will be out. I can wait till those few blocking bugs in mozilla get fixed, but I'd like to know while I'm waiting what extra features are going to be in 0.7 that aren't in 0.6. I dont mean speed/stability improvements, what other things will be fixed/enhanced ?

Cheers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And I thought K-Meleon was dead
Posted by: po
Date: April 30, 2002 11:40AM

well... so far, in the 0.6.5 beta, there are quite a few nice things added - the new bookmarks and macro scripting plugins are probably the best improvements for my purposes... the handling of frames is much better... it's hard to say what things will be THE thing that somebody gets excited about, though... smiling smiley

Posted by: Andrew
Date: April 30, 2002 03:15PM

Damien,

Here's a short list, some of which Po mentioned:

* Very improved bookmark plugin

* More macro options

* Frames support

* Print Preview

* Tons of bug fixes for both K-Meleon and Mozilla code

* Much improved tooltip support (both on web pages and in toolbars)

Andrew

Posted by: D.Rider
Date: May 03, 2002 02:01PM

Print preview! I never thought of that, and checked IE 6 for it. Never noticed it before, but that will be VERY handy for pinting pages that always seem to be wider than the paper (need switch to landscape). Thanks and will be waiting patiently.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.