General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmarks file
Posted by: internauta
Date: May 02, 2002 10:09AM

I bookmark a web page and now I always see a message telling me that "bookmarks file is not created by the plugin, do you want to save the changes?"

I am really fed up of this message.

How can I resolve it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks file
Posted by: David
Date: May 02, 2002 07:56PM

Save the changes.

Date: May 02, 2002 09:50PM

How? I always push 'yes' in order to save the changes but the message continue appearing.

Posted by: po
Date: May 03, 2002 12:56AM

are you modifying the bookmark with netscape/mozilla/etc in between using it in k-meleon? that might explain it... i think it's a safety precaution.

Date: May 03, 2002 01:52PM

No, I only add a bookmark from k-meleon and start this problem.

Posted by: Mark
Date: May 03, 2002 09:36PM

Unfortunately, I have no idea why it might be doing that, even though I know the code pretty well. My one suggestion is that you backup your bookmarks file and create a new one.

Is there any more information you can give to help explain this? When do you see the message? Do you use any other programs that might edit your bookmarks file?

Posted by: David
Date: May 04, 2002 04:19AM

Sorry to be so curt before. Pressed for time.

I imported my Netscape bookmarks for KM. The first time I added a bookmark, it presented me with the dialog you describe. I think I remember making a copy of the file at that point, and then using that for KM, I'm not sure (it's been a while).

In any case, after I'd allowed KM to write to the bookmark file, it no longer brought up that dialog.

WAG: Just for the heck of it, try this: Click Bookmarks->edit, right-click on one of your folders, and select "set as personal toolbar folder." That may have an effect. Or it may not. As I said, it's a WAG.

Other than that, I don't know what to say.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.