General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Please change the icons and throbber
Posted by: vincent
Date: May 15, 2002 05:02AM

I'm sorry if the developers are offended by this: the lizard head icon (The icon contained inside the kmeleon.exe) and the default throbber are just plain ugly. Please use a better looking icon and change the default throbber to Netscapish-'K' Throbber made by Stephen Bishop. The lizard head just don't look professional.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please change the icons and throbber
Posted by: sven
Date: May 15, 2002 06:21AM

They gave us the program, mmkay? If you feel that you can do more proffessional job with icons then offer your help, I'm sure they'll be glad.

Otherwise... Well, I'm not going to say it out loud.

Posted by: Mark
Date: May 15, 2002 02:23PM

Personally, I'm a fan of the "Original Throbber." It looks good when it's not moving, and it has enough movement that I don't have to look closely to see if it's animated or not.

But hey, now that you mention it, I do like that 'K' throbber. It's pretty stylin'. Maybe I'll switch to using it instead.

As for which is the default? I don't think it's too important. It doesn't have to be super-professional. (Come to think of it... the bookmarks edit dialog could really use some background MIDI... and flashy animations... and maybe a loud *ZAP* whenever you delete a bookmark... yeah!)

Posted by: Al.
Date: May 15, 2002 10:27PM

Vincent,
If you don't like the original throbber and icon, then change them yourself (and trust me, it isn't as difficult as you might first think). ;-)

Posted by: Vincent
Date: May 16, 2002 04:58AM

I know how to change them. I use the IE icon for my short-cut to Kmeleon. It's just that I find the default ones are ugly and think they should be changed, that's all.

Posted by: rmn
Date: May 16, 2002 08:37AM

A great icon/throbber doesn't make a browser great. A bad icon/throbber doesn't make a browser bad.
I think the default icon and throbber are used because it looks like a lizard and the browser's name is K-Meleon (chameleon), which is a kind of lizard.
This shows to the public that K-Meleon is not a too-serious program, unlike Netscape that has 'real' people paid with real money (at least that's what I think).

Posted by: Coco Player
Date: May 16, 2002 07:32PM

Hi, rmn:
Care to tell more about this K-Meleon (chameleon) lizard? I never knew it's a species of lizard.. I'm curious.. ^_^

coco

Posted by: timoch
Date: May 17, 2002 02:16PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I behold beauty in the lizard! I guess some people don't have enough to keep themselves busy.

Date: May 19, 2002 06:21AM

Coco Player,

I ran a search for "What is a chameleon?" in Google and found this page: http://www.abc-kid.com/chameleon/

Check it out. It's very interesting. Plus, there are some pictures of chameleons.

Posted by: Coco Player
Date: May 19, 2002 07:11AM

Hahaha, so THAT is the chameleon, a cool, horned, color changing tree lizard? How come no one has made a throbber of that cute color-changing head? Surely their true picture is WAY more beautiful than K-Melion's icon.

Date: May 21, 2002 10:55AM

Coco Player,

HEY! Now that's a great idea!
Very, very interesting. A perfect suggestion to skin-makers out there.
Picture of a chameleon that changes color. Cool.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.