General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-Meleon has problem downloading from CNet
Posted by: Coco Player
Date: May 18, 2002 05:35PM

Sometimes when I click on a DOWNLOAD button on cnet.download.com, K-Meleon keeps opening the same downloading page, but would never download the file. Does this happen to anyone here, too?

coco

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon has problem downloading from CNet
Posted by: Kidman
Date: May 18, 2002 06:57PM

you click on HTTP or FTP links? KM has known problems with FTP and maybe you getting rejected or something and KM doesn't show it.

Date: May 19, 2002 02:13AM

I don't know if it's HTTP or FTP, but it's the one on the same page with the software descriptions, and everyone has to click on it if they want to download from that page.

I tried the same link with IE after I had problems with KM, and it (IE) didn't have problems with it.

Posted by: Keith
Date: May 19, 2002 07:23AM

C-Net limits you to four downloads and then pop ups a "sign-up" form and won't let you download until you give them very sensitive info about yourself. If pop-ups are disabled, it'll appear to just reload the page.

Date: May 19, 2002 05:19PM

wow Thank you. Damn CNet.

but wait. how come I could download the same file with IE after KM failded? I sitll had the same IP address since I use cable. Doesn't CNet recognize that?

Posted by: NotThatDude
Date: May 20, 2002 02:36PM

I would assume that CNet uses cookies to track whether you're signed in or not. If you signed up using IE, then the cookie is saved in c:\windows\cookies in IE format which is not readable by K-meleon. You'll have to sign in again from within K-meleon to set the appropriate cookie(s) for K-meleon.

-ThatDude can bite me

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.