General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
IE6-like behaviour
Posted by: Tom S.
Date: May 20, 2002 10:46AM

I know this may seem counter-productive, but there are features of IE that I find rather useful which don't appear to exist in KM.

URL autocomplete. When I type a url into the url-bar I expect it to try and fill in the remain portion.

Hyperlink-history. Why doesn't KM change the colour of hyperlinks that I've visited? I've been relying on this feature for as long as I've had www access. Not having this feature makes reading sites like theregister much more time consuming.

If these features already exist then some help in configuring them.

Tom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE6-like behaviour
Posted by: Klaus
Date: May 20, 2002 12:23PM

Mozilla has these features already since long ago, this is nothing IE-specific.

Date: May 20, 2002 12:42PM

Well quite. I'm sure that these features exist in opera and konquerer aswell. But that wasn't my point. They don't (apparently) exist in KM, which is what I'm looking for......

Tom.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: May 20, 2002 03:10PM

Tom,

Auto-complete is a feature that has been requested a number of times. Hopefully, this will be worked into future releases.

Visited links can be enabled in 0.6 following these instructions:

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/pro/kmeleon/khistfiles.htm

Andrew

Posted by: Andres
Date: May 21, 2002 08:37AM

Speaking of IE, the Properties option under right-click is one of my favourites but I haven't met it in any other browsers. Maybe it should be implemented in K-Meleon? Shouldn't be difficult...

Date: May 21, 2002 09:32AM

Is there any reason why this feature (visited links) isn't included by default? Its an awful lot of hassle to install for something so simple thats been in browsers for many years.

Tom.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: May 21, 2002 12:39PM

Tom,

The embedded version of Mozilla that we use doesn't provide this functionality by default. See

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=70714

What is provided on my page is the files that provide the functionality. However, the cost is a major increase in file size. I think the decision was made that the bloat was too excessive for just one function.

Andrew

Posted by: po
Date: May 21, 2002 09:48PM

now, if k-meleon were to provide a viewer for the history.dat file, on the other hand... that might justify the added stuff. winking smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.