General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Shortcuts
Posted by: Steven
Date: May 25, 2002 09:20AM

Is it me or is there no easy way to save a shortcut? In IE it's available in the context menu, K-Meleon appears to lack that. Also, I have K-Meleon set to take advantage of existing shortcuts, but when I click one to open a site, I get an error message saying:

Cannot find the file 'C:\filepath\shortcutname.url' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are avalable.

That messsage is presented on a dialog even though the site successfully loads in a new window behind it. Any idea what's going on there?

...Incidentally, I get flawless loading of any shortcut if I just drag the icon into K-Meleon's client area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shortcuts
Posted by: po
Date: May 25, 2002 09:33AM

you can add it to your context menu, i think, if you find that to be easier... open menus.cfg in your profile directory, and look for a line like 'favorites(Add)' in an 'if' statement somewhere, and copy that line to the DocumentPopup definition... that SHOULD work, but i don't have the favorites plugin handy to try it.

Posted by: drider
Date: May 26, 2002 04:47AM

No no no. Steven isn't talking about FAVORITES but instead a shortcut - as in desktop shortcut to a URL.

Posted by: po
Date: May 26, 2002 05:01AM

oh, yeah... huh. smiling smiley

that seems like more of a shell thing than an application thing, i guess.

explorer, of course, isn't quite sure which category to fall into...

Posted by: Steven
Date: May 26, 2002 07:17AM

& that's why I'm using K-Meleon instead.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.