I don't know why you want to keep your password.
I presume you want to upgrade to 1.6.0b2, right ?
If it's the reason, just save some files:
- file xxx.s which is your password file
- have a look for the pref in prefs.js and note the pref name fo the line where you can see the s file name
- Install 1.6.0b2
- open K-Meleon
- go to a site where you need a password
- accept to save the password
- quit K-Meleon
- edit prefs.js
- replace in the pref the nams of the s file
- delete s file (the new) in ypur profile folder
- put the s file (old) in ypur profile folder
- replace bookmarks.html in your profile folder
- open k-Meleon
It ought to work, and use your passwords.
You can also have a look for it:
Tools > Privacy > Look for Data > Passwords
And you can unmask passwords.
That's all folk
Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr
Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc