General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmarks
Posted by: RH
Date: May 25, 2002 10:57PM

Hi,
Just switched from Mozilla to KM(0.6) and like it.
Do I take it that the only way to organise my bookmarks (I have netscape bookmark plug in and use a group tree for organisation) is by opening the bookmark.htm file in an editor and moving the lines?
The add menu option puts them in the root group, and dragging and dropping in edit mode doesn't stick.

Had 1 access violation crash so far (I'm NT4 SP6). Do you want me to send you the Dr Watson log?
Any help on the bookmark issue most appreciated.

Thanx

R.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks
Posted by: Mark
Date: May 26, 2002 02:32AM

Yes, unfortunately, the bookmark editor in 0.6 is broken. But don't despair! The editor in the next version is much less broken!

Was the crash related to the bookmark plugin? I'm really not sure what I would do with a Dr Watson log... It looks like you need Dr Watson to read one, and I don't have it. The cause of the crash might be gone now, though, what with all of the changes since 0.6...

Posted by: rmn
Date: May 26, 2002 09:33AM

Much less broken, huh? :-)
So it's still broken?

Posted by: po
Date: May 26, 2002 09:56AM

the new version seems pretty un-broken to me, but i'm not using it to try to share a bookmarks file between k-meleon and moz/netscape... i suppose that could introduce some additional problems...

Posted by: RH
Date: May 26, 2002 10:42AM

Thanks - I look forward to 0.7.
It crashed when I was fiddling with something in a third or forth open window - nothing options or bookmark related. Dr Watson is just a text file full of lists and numbers, such as what was running at the time and memory addresses. I have no idea what it means as I am in no way a programmer.

Posted by: po
Date: May 26, 2002 09:21PM

if you click the 'details' button when (if) the termination dialog comes up, it will usually tell you the module that it happened in... gkwidget.dll and gklayout.dll seem especially prone to be the culprits, along with gkgfxwin.dll... these crashes seem to happen less often in the recent betas... for me, anyway. so there's hope. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.