General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-Me Generalized Problems with Forms
Posted by: DigitalOnes
Date: May 26, 2002 05:26AM

I frequently utilize the advance search functions (which I highly recommend) at Deja. My problem with K-Me ver 0.6 build 547 is that when I click on a link that brings me to a page with a form or input boxes (whatever) K-Me won't allow me to click on and enter data into the first box without first clicking somewhere else. I can click on and enter data in any other box just not the first one that appears. While I would clasify this a mild problem it definetly adds to the general level of anoyance when using K-Me.

This is "not" exclusive to Daja. I'm using the below site as an example only.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

Any Ideas anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Me Generalized Problems with Forms
Posted by: po
Date: May 26, 2002 10:02AM

hmm. if you mean the field to the right of "with all of the words", then i'm afraid i can't duplicate the problem... it seems to work for me.

are you using anything special in the way of pointing devices?

does the same thing happen if you use only the generic mouse drivers?

Posted by: DigitalOnes
Date: May 26, 2002 07:25PM

Thanks Po

I sort of figured out what's going on. When you look at the page using IE the focus is clearly on the first box with the cursor in it and blinking. Easy Peasy.

K-Me, like IE places the focus in the first box as well, only without a blinking cursor, even after I click in the box, and it will continue not to show a cursor until I click elsewhere on the page. Since the focus is in the box, however; if I type something it appears in the box. I never tried typing anything in the box because no cursor ever appeared the first go around. Workable but Not so Easy Peasy.

Wierder still, once I've clicked elsewhere followed by clicking in the box to get my blinking cursor, any subsequent page view brings up the page correctly with the blinking cursor in the first box. I think it's related to the cache because when I emptied the cache, closed out K-me then restarted and went to the page again the no blinking cursor syndrome reared it's ugly little head. Click to get my blinking cursor, go to other pages and come back to the original and blinking cursor is where it should be.

Posted by: richard
Date: June 02, 2002 03:57PM

This is not a k_me bug..The source code "is not focused on that box first"..

Use tab botton first then you can change the pointer to anywhere you like..

Richard

Posted by: richard
Date: June 02, 2002 04:14PM

The focus on google page is 10 message and the last focus is the box you what..
using the tab button will tell the order of the text boxes and links..
User freindly ,easy pleasy..Not

This is over looked a lot on the time...very small detail and not on the to do list..I am sure..Or maybe googles want you to decide what box to fill in first..That makes you one click away..

richard

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.