General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
About: Options
Posted by: rmn
Date: June 07, 2002 12:16PM

K-Meleon's documentation on About: Options doesn't include the pages "about:" and "about:credits".

"about:" can be used to view the version of Mozilla that is used, while "about:credits" (there's a link to it in the "about:" page) links to the contributors credits page of Mozilla (requires 'Net connection).

There's something strange in the "about:" page. The image will be displayed even if you turn off the image loading.

I also have one question. What is "about:mozilla"? The text in the page is taken from "The Book of Mozilla", which I've never heard of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: About: Options
Posted by: Zeiram
Date: June 07, 2002 02:11PM

The "Book of Mozilla" is a long lost book. It's original title was "Liber Mozillae". I've been able to trace through history only three fragments of its content. The verse 3:31, which is the one you are refering to here, which reads:

"And the beast shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million keyboards like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of Mammon shall tremble."

Or there's verse 12:10, which could be found in the about:mozilla pages of Netscape 4.7x and prior:

And the beast shall come forth surrounded by a roiling cloud of vengeance. The house of the unbelievers shall be razed and they shall be scorched to the earth. Their tags shall blink until the end of days."

And there's the "Caput XXVII" which is the longest remaining passage and which you can read here: ]http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/mozilla.html

OK, more seriously, the book of mozilla is a small easter egg that has been incorporated in the code base since the original Mozilla1.0 (even before it was bought by Netscape). The verse at that time was 12:10. The text has been "revamped" when Mozilla became open-source and it now reads vers 3:31. I have absolutely no idea for who is the genius responsible for these excellent small texts.

Zeiram

Re: About: Options
Posted by: Zeiram
Date: June 07, 2002 02:13PM

Woops, seems like I forgot to close two tags... Sorry.

Of course, the italics should stop after the double-quotes and the link should stop after the .html of the URL. Anyway, the link is correct and point to the site I wanted.

Zeiram

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.