General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
(slightly OT) question about KM vs. Moz...
Posted by: FredP
Date: June 11, 2002 04:53PM

One thing I love about KM is the incredibly easy customization of menus (like the context popup). Everyone uses browsers in different ways, so it's really nice to be able to set up things in a personal way.

When Moz 1.0 came out I gave it a try just to see what was new... There's a lot of nice stuff (zooming, tabs etc. smiling smiley and some other things that still bug me just like they did in Netscape (eg. choice & placement of context menu items)...

I tried to find some actual information on how these menus could be user-modified in Mozilla like I did in KM. Sifted through a lot of flotsam in Google (Web and groups).
I like to think I'm experienced at Web searches and usually have a good success rate, but in this case I haven't made an inch of progress...

How is it possible that something that is so evident in KM proves to be so obfuscated in the "original" model ?

Any pointers welcome,
fp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: (slightly OT) question about KM vs. Moz...
Posted by: Mark
Date: June 11, 2002 10:12PM

The context menus in KM are not inherited from Mozilla, so Mozilla might not even have modifiable context menus. I don't know, as I don't use Mozilla much.

Posted by: bongski
Date: June 12, 2002 06:56AM

I agree, km is not mozilla for same reason that netscape is not mozilla.

Posted by: sven
Date: June 12, 2002 07:31AM

Actually context menus (as everything else in GUI) is configurable but you have to chew through XUL for that. Unless you're dedicated skinner it just ain't worth the trouble, especially if you haven't got the foggiest idea whats going on down there. I was thinking of customizing Moz here and there some time ago but gave up since I have much better things to do with my time smiling smiley

Posted by: FredP
Date: June 12, 2002 12:01PM

That is *exactly* the picture :-)
Viva KM ! smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.