General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Problems with real plugin
Posted by: Bryan
Date: June 25, 2002 01:25AM

I followed the steps for using real player, adding three lines to the prefs.js file. However, it doesn´t work. After making the changes, it´s still impossible to open de real media files. And, viewing the prefs.js file again, I realized that the lines that I added have dissapeared. What´s wrong?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems with real plugin
Posted by: rmn
Date: June 25, 2002 06:27AM

Try creating a file: user.js, and add the lines to this file instead of prefs.js. From what I've heard, this will work.

Posted by: sven
Date: June 25, 2002 10:12AM

Also, you have to edit prefs.js while your browser is closed. It gets saved over (to save new prefs in case some have changed via preferences) once you close your browser and any externally made changes are lost.

Posted by: David
Date: June 25, 2002 08:18PM

And remember that if you use the fast loader, it isn't closed until you've exited the loader, too.

Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: June 26, 2002 03:24PM

I'm experiencing a similar problem, but it seems that the lines don't disappear, but move. Yes, KM was off. No, I don't use the fast loader. The lines are there in my prefs.js but I still can't play RealAudio. I looked for info in the FAQ, and can't seem to find anything other than the instructions I already tried.

Posted by: Andres
Date: June 26, 2002 07:17PM

It seems that there have been problems with newer (or actually the newest) RealPlayer plugins. If you can get hold of an older one, try that. I am using RP 8 Basic build 6.0.9.584 - and don't update!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.