General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
My current bookmark/favorites/Hotlist set up grinning smiley
Posted by: Arrow
Date: September 12, 2006 03:41AM

I copied a few bookmarklets into a newly created folder in my ie favorites just for them
Then I used "bookmark converter" to convert just that folder into a hotlist.adr
which is now the foundation of my hotlist. [free trial for 30 days converts allsorts :-)

I enabled the Hotlist to open in the current layer and only have the 3 bookmarklets I use all the time on view using the numbers 1 2 3 instead of names for them so as not to hog toolbar space - they only take up the room these 3 numbers typed here do.

Any other urls I add to the hotlist will automatically be sequentially below 1 2 3 and won't appear on the toolbar but can be accessed from the Hotlist dropdown menu.

The reason for arranging it this way is that I also use Maxthon and TheWorld browers on the ie shell so favorites are my prime url source as they update on both platforms - bookmarks do not.

Are you still with me grinning smiley

what i do with bookmarks is to use them as a toolbar instead of ie's links folder - the reason being again to save space.
ie's toolbar does not have a >> button to open a dropdowen menu of the folders/urls not diaplayed on the toolbar whereas the Bookmarks toolbar does
On the bookmarks toolbar I have 3 folder buttons visible and a couple of urls.

Again similar to the hotlist I conveted favs to bookmarks but this time just the Links folder nothing else -

Contrary to all the above grinning smiley
One of the main assets of any browser in my view is to ignore mouseclicks and to launch urls with keyboard shortcuts to that end with fred and Hao's help i jave added hotkeys for alt 1- 9

All good fun isn't it !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My current bookmark/favorites/Hotlist set up grinning smiley
Posted by: Arrow
Date: September 12, 2006 03:47AM

Oops ! where's a forum edit/delete button when you need one lol

This should lead on on a topic on another thread where I found a Remove redirects bookmarklet wouldn't work if bookmarks were set to open in a new layer
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=42084&t=42084

As i set everything to open in a new layer the opera hotlist became the sole exception [I don't use opera]

regards

Oh well !
Perhaps you'd like to share your setup here

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.