Version .7
Posted by: James Bond
Date: July 18, 2002 06:49AM

I WANT IT!!!!!!1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Version .7
Posted by: James Bond
Date: July 31, 2002 08:11PM

I've been told that version .7 will be release around October.

Posted by: =)
Date: July 31, 2002 09:20PM

The latest beta is pretty stable . Granted there are a few quirks to be worked out and code to be cleaned up . Not to mention any bugs along the way. One way to help things along is to get on the developers list and get the beta to test for bugs.
I have the newest beta which was released a couple of weeks ago and it rocks. In my opinion this beta should have went public. =)

Posted by: Peter Aschwanden
Date: August 01, 2002 11:47AM

It's nice for you, that you have the a recent beta, but I have not. Would you send it to me? Please! mailto:paschwanden@gmx.ch

Would be very kind. And does kmeleon release betas more often? Mozilla Nightlies are a good example, and no one got hurt till now... ;-)

Peter

Posted by: Andrew
Date: August 01, 2002 12:38PM

Peter,

I'll e-mail you the beta info. It's not a public beta. That's why the link is not widely available.

Andrew

Posted by: Peter Aschwanden
Date: August 01, 2002 11:37PM

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Peter

Posted by: EvilTroll
Date: August 02, 2002 12:16AM

There is a term in the open source world that seems to apply to KM 0.7...vaporware!

Posted by: po
Date: August 02, 2002 02:43AM

well, it's a very dense vapor at this point... try the beta if you want to test it's solidity. smiling smiley

anyway, i thought that term was from the proprietary software world...

Posted by: Tzafrir Cohen
Date: August 08, 2002 08:14PM

Frankly, a "beta" that is not publicly available is a vaporware, as far as I'm concerened.

And no: I will not have it emailed by someone. That someone has better things to do than mailing hunders of copies of a 5MB file. Plus, faking emails is easy. I wouldn't want to use a trojaned copy.

Actually, mozilla has had a number of critical bugs fixed since last october, that are very important to me. A browser without those bugs fixed simply isn't good enough.

My guess is that when the version of k-meleon will finally be released, it will turn out that it has only been tested by relatively small number of people, and many important (for few) code pathes were left untested.

But again, I'm not setting the rules here (because I don't contribute to the coding), so I can only "offer my free advice" :-(

Posted by: Allen Franklin
Date: August 08, 2002 08:29PM

Well for my 2 cents...

I only feel comfortable with a released version also, not a Beta. However, considering that the K-Meleon staff has slightly (yeah just a little) less resources than M-Soft - I think we need to cut them some slack..

By the way, on my Win-Me Pentium 3 256k machine using dialup:
Mozilla 1.0 (yes pipelining is enabled) runs quite a bit slower than IE 6,
K-Meleon 6 runs a little faster than IE 6...

If K-Meleon is a 10, IE would be an 8.5, Mozilla a 4.5. I don't have to tell you I have quit using Mozilla until 1.1 gets released!

Posted by: po
Date: August 08, 2002 09:30PM

> Frankly, a "beta" that is not publicly available is a vaporware, as far as I'm concerened.

The fact that it's not massively linked to all over this site doesn't constitute 'publicly unavailable', to my thinking. I don't think anyone who really wants it has had any problem getting it.

> And no: I will not have it emailed by someone.

Read that again; I'm pretty sure he was only talking about mailing the *link*... smiling smiley

Date: August 09, 2002 03:24AM

Po,

Thanks. That's correct. I'm not e-mailing any files.

Posted by: sega
Date: August 13, 2002 04:02PM

could someone send me the link too?
segachild88@hotmail.com

tia

Date: August 13, 2002 11:41PM

Start here:

http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/9632/0/

Find the message from Jeff Doozan re: the beta. Then read the follow-up message from Ulf. Post bugs to the developers list.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.