General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Forum Upgrade
Posted by: rmn
Date: October 30, 2006 07:56AM

x) Apparently Gecko's image resizing is not that good (so how come Firefox uses enable_automatic_image_resizing by default?). I tried resizing the image in GIMP but the resulting filesize is actually bigger that the original one.

About SVG logo, perhaps someone can contact the original artist? (Andrew should know who the creator is.) And clarify the licensing of the logo as well..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ra
Date: November 03, 2006 11:28PM

Dorian
a) I didn't fix it, I don't know what happened, even the link color is gone.
Most likely related to fixing q) (IE downloading page). BTW: IE6 is still the most used browser but the forum looks quite ugly with it. <eg>

r) Now you only need to find the culprit option 8)
Yep, I'd already have, but there's this time problem again. :-(

x) Personnaly I prefer it that way. Someone to make a SVG logo ? :p
Mmh, it doesn't fit to the rest of the pages either... On higher resolutions you'll wonder what's up here (font is different as well).

BTW: Is the forum font smaller or is it a different font compared to the old forum? I think it is slightly harder to read.

The format of the date depend on the choosen language.
Okay, changed it and it's better now. But the default shouldn't be British IMHO.

I can't edit any text (would have to change every language) but I can remove it. For the rest (password, required items) it's phorum default.
Alright.

Posted by: Carson
Date: November 04, 2006 03:50AM

Congratulations on the new forum config! I haven't been here in about two years. I came by to ask a question about the browser, and to my surprise I discovered a new forum! Well, it is obviously the old forum revamped. Very nice work indeed; looks good. I was a bit puzzled when it asked me for my password, so I put in the name I used to use and I just guessed at a password—and it accepted it! I must have used it for SourceForge??? Well, whatever, I sure felt welcome!

The typeface is nice and clear, but there is something a wee bit strange about it. No problem, but you know, IE 7 defaults to ClearType, and that looks a bit strange sometimes on a so-called "classic" monitor. I wonder if? . . . But it doesn't matter, because it looks fine anyway, just as it is. Just a bit, um, unusual, for some reason.

Hello to everybody, with best regards.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: November 04, 2006 10:53AM

ra
Most likely related to fixing q) (IE downloading page). BTW: IE6 is still the most used browser but the forum looks quite ugly with it. <eg>

In all case this means something is broken.
The most used browser to look at this forum is surely not IE6. Anyways, IE6 is obsolete and IMO IE7 is a joke. So I don't care. But I accept patch if it makes the CSS better.

ra
BTW: Is the forum font smaller or is it a different font compared to the old forum? I think it is slightly harder to read.

I use large font so I don't notice stuff like this but I think the font is less crisp. I'll have to look at it and maybe change it.

carson
The typeface is nice and clear, but there is something a wee bit strange about it. No problem, but you know, IE 7 defaults to ClearType, and that looks a bit strange sometimes on a so-called "classic" monitor. I wonder if? . . . But it doesn't matter, because it looks fine anyway, just as it is. Just a bit, um, unusual, for some reason.

Cleartype is for LCD. If you don't have one, it just good to kill your eyes.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: November 04, 2006 11:12AM

Hello Carson, it's a pleasure to hear about you again.

In this last months we have had an spectacular enhancement of almost everything related to K-Meleon, I suppose you've already checked the last 1'02 official. Isn't it great?

I hope you can come back from time to time.

Date: November 04, 2006 10:33PM

Hi, Enaitz. Still using Perfect Disk 7, thanks to you, I believe. Tried others (like PD 8) but I prefer 7.

—Checked out the K-M forum side-by-side on K-M 0.9.13, FF 2, and IE 7. On my system it looks pretty well identical on them all. My earlier comment about ClearType was sort of how it looks to me (I'm not using ClearType; this is a CRT). It's hard to describe it—I've never seen anything like it anywhere. But it looks OK. It's just—unusual.

I guess I'd better see about K-M 1.02. That was my original reason for visiting. How could you do anything better than 0.9.13?

Date: November 04, 2006 11:28PM

Well, it's much better than 0'9'13, Dorians is doing an incredible work here.

I also have an old CRT, but I know nothing about what clear type is and if I should do something about it, one of this days I'll have to investigate it, by now what I see in this forums is that maybe have too many options and links everywhere, but this is probably a good thing (once I got familiar with it). At last I have not seen a single spamming post since the new forum has been introduced (the 1st of november).

Posted by: bst82551
Date: November 05, 2006 02:01AM

I use Cleartype on my CRT and it doesn't hurt my eyes at all. In fact, I'd say it makes it helps me to read even better. I've been using cleartype with a CRT for about 3 years now and I still have 20/20 vision.

Brian

Date: November 05, 2006 02:44AM

Well, it won't hurt your eyes. It's just a preference. Maybe I should have described it some other way. It is clear, but every line of every character is sort of spotty. It looks like someone did a very good job of making the letters, but he used a pen that didn't flow evenly. It seems strange because I've never seen this kind of rendering anywhere else.

I like the forum anyway, and it is so nice you could protect it and still keep it looking pretty much the way it used to. It's a big success.

Posted by: Fred
Date: November 05, 2006 03:18AM

Carson, I'm glad to see you back here after such a
long time.
I hope that you are well, still like K-Meleon and will visit
again more often !
Regards from Switzerland
Fred

Date: November 05, 2006 03:45AM

Thanks, Fred. Gee, it sure is good to see all the familiar names!

Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 09, 2006 01:32AM

Carson,

Welcome back! LTNS! Good to see you around here again and just in time for Dorian's new KM!

<g>

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2006 01:33AM by ndebord.

Date: November 09, 2006 10:24PM

Dorian
ra

In all case this means something is broken.
The most used browser to look at this forum is surely not IE6. Anyways, IE6 is obsolete and IMO IE7 is a joke. So I don't care. But I accept patch if it makes the CSS better.
Okay. I don't have the time currently, hopefully someone else will tell us what to do to make it look a bit nicer than this:

BTW: Wasn't there an option somewhere to load up s.th. to use it in the forum..?

ra

I use large font so I don't notice stuff like this but I think the font is less crisp. I'll have to look at it and maybe change it.
Have you had the time to look what's different? I'm still having problems...

A minor thing:
"View and Join Groups" in Control Panel seems to be completely useless currently (should probably be removed for now).

P.S.: Hi Carson! :-)

Date: November 13, 2006 10:15AM

The presentation with IE6 is one thing, but the post form should really be fixed sad smiley

Date: November 19, 2006 01:19PM

IE fixed. Was just a matter of adding a width:100%; ...

Date: November 19, 2006 01:29PM

Yes, but now the forum is wider than my monitor and I can't see the screen completely. I now have an movement bar above the status bar.

I don't know if this happens to more people than me, but I really liked it more the way it was early this morning.

Date: November 19, 2006 01:31PM

After looking at it closely, I've found that at any forum page there's a big vertical blank space at the very left side of the screen. If this could be removed it will fit my monitor perfectly.

Date: November 20, 2006 09:48PM

Huh, what's that? I just tried to post a reply in the k-m 1.1a thread (URL was http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,68634,68666,page=1#msg-68666) and I got:

Anti-spam software on this server has detected that your message might be spam. Therefore, your message has been blocked. If your message was not a spam message, then we apologize for the inconvenience that blocking it might have caused. If you keep having problems with your messages being blocked, please contact the site administrator for help.

Note: If you have disabled JavaScript within your browser or if your browser does not support JavaScript at all, then this might be the reason why your message was blocked. Some of the anti-spam measures are depending on JavaScript.

JS was on. My posting was

Another glitch: Clicking the home button on the toolbar opens a new window.

Oh, and Edit - Preferences claimed that "Klassic" was my skin, although it was/is Phoenity_ra from my profile, set directly in prefs.js while the browser was closed.

(Had to try it several times, and it was finally posted successfully.)

Date: November 22, 2006 06:55PM

There are 2 reasons for this message: duplicate post, or too fast posting.

Now, this antispam feature seems to have some flaws. I'm just hoping this will happen only rarely .

@enaitzjga
I suppose it doesn't do it anymore ? smiling smiley

Date: November 22, 2006 07:16PM

Yes Dorian, now fits perfectly. Thanks.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.