General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
All time favorite KM themes
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 22, 2006 08:39PM

Would like to see commentary about reviving old themes and creating new themes for KM 1.0xx line as most of the old themes only work with KM 0.9xx.

Here is a sampling of themes I think should be revived.

KMNautipolis: A fine theme from Eyes-Only (a sentimental and well-done favorite)

Knoia and all its variants from jsnj (very nice, artistic icons)

Netscape Modern: from Eyes-Only (The one, the only Netscape official theme)

Early Blue: (The first unoffical Mozilla theme)

Boxed_Classic (by fast sjonny) (the theme that almost became KM's own!)

Krome (by jsnj) A redo from Scooby's Chrome 3D with a powerful B&W look)

Kute (by jsnj) Qute redone and repackaged (A classic in the Mozila world)

Chimera (by jsnj) Ported from Sic's Chimera skin (A linux favorite in Windows)

[just my two cents worth]

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All time favorite KM themes
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 22, 2006 09:07PM

I'm working in a new Knoia theme. Wait a little time. smiling smiley

Date: October 24, 2006 01:52AM

Desga2,

A new Knoia theme. Excellent!

<VBG>

N

Posted by: 888
Date: October 24, 2006 02:58AM

I could make "Early Blue" with pleasure if anyone have it? (I don't)
I remember that old netscape theme, it was very eye-pleasing back in the times of ugly 16-bit graphics. It could still look if re-done right in a 32-bit color, although the icons probably would require lots of work if we would want as well a Large version for high-res screens...

Date: October 24, 2006 03:19AM

I need to look around to see who has the complete Early Blue package. If I can find it, then I'm sure we could put it up somewhere where you could download it easily.

I wonder if anybody has done any work on that old Netscape theme in 32-bit for one of the other Gecko browsers, where we could possibily use it and adapt it???

N

Date: October 25, 2006 01:40PM

Well, I found Early Blue for 0.9 K-Meleon. This was downloaded from the Wiki, so don't know if you need more stuff for development purposes or not as I have never made a theme. Let me know how to get it to you.

N

Posted by: Someone
Date: October 25, 2006 03:17PM

In addition to those suggested by ndeboard I would like to suggest

Beos, Crossover, Duke, Konqueror, Lo - Fi, Mosaic, Nautipolis,
Pinstripe, Safari, Walnut, Warped, Whistler.

I am using all these at this moment on the current 1.0.2 build of
20060917. However some functions do not work. I would like to
see all features functional again.

Does anyone else also like these?

Date: October 25, 2006 03:20PM

ndebord. Sorry about the name spelling

Date: October 26, 2006 03:48AM

Someone,

I've spelled everyone's name wrong here at least once! <G>

I remember Konqueror well. Pinstripe should be up-to-date (I think without checking) and Beos was always good. Nautipolis or as it is named for KM, KM Nauptiolois was one of Eyes-Only's fine contributions and is truly a beautiful theme.

We used to have a ton of themes available for KM in its earlier versions. I think a lot of the theme work energy changed over to work on KM 1.0xxxx and so, IMO, we are a little short of viable themes in the current distribution.

<sigh>

N

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 28, 2006 05:41AM

Ahem, was anybody going to run this idea by me and ask for permission to redo my themes for K-Meleon, or not? As it stands most of the themes mentioned are still currently being maintained and updated for K-Ninja, which is a service I provide for K-Ninja users, hence the "unique and exclusive themes" selling point.

I also note how nobody was also willing to give me any credit when talking about those themes in this thread. Not exactly a good way to win me over. ;-)

Al.
http://geocities.com/grenleef

Date: October 28, 2006 05:32PM

Al,

I pulled all the theme info off the Wiki, where they listed various people: such as jsnj and Eyes-Only. Not remembering who did which theme, I am more than happy, indeed grateful and pleased to give credit where credit is do!

So, now that you are here, wanna redo your themes for KM 1.0.xxxxx in addition to KNinja which is one of the KM variations that I currently run.

(Have just been offline, as my brand-new W2000 install got hit by a rootkit (I think, but being a newbie there, I am at a severe disadvantage). Got so bad that the NT kernel finally gave up the ghost, but before that, it was trying to dialout plust lots of weird stuff, like the DATE/TIME was alwasy AM, no PM allowed. I'm back now, but with W98se once again and no inclination to go back to W2000 anytime soon.

<very big sigh>

N
temporarily running Fred's upated KM 0.9 untill I get things straightened out here.)

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 28, 2006 06:32PM

hi ndebord,
Sorry to hear of Your bad luck.
Lets include boxed classic with tang capital or gray background to the wish list.

btw. I still have ME on c: and XP on other partition. That way i can scan & repair.
K-M: using profile.ini ( to have profile in install folder ) i can run the same from both systems. NT/XP based systems need firewall more badly than win98 & such - You do not even have the time to get update against infection without that.

hi Al maybe we should charge You in updated themes for using
k-m code ;-) - You are doing a great job upading the themes for the k-ninja & i assume that the themes are still compatible with official k-m, arent they?

btw. the next k-m will be even more modular so i guess
Ninja and Meleon will move closer again :-)

Date: October 29, 2006 02:40PM

Sorry Al. I did not notice who made what theme. So I probably asked
for several of yours. I get them mixed up since I use K-Ninja 75
percent of the time. The rest of the time I use K-Meleon.
So I was just begging for updates of theme favorites.
Those you make for K-Ninja are great.
Sorry again. :-) :-)

Date: October 31, 2006 03:47PM

Guenter,

I like Boxed Classic a lot. Whichever background is best is just fine with me.

Well, all's well that end's well. I've got W98se up and running again. Everything except audio (but I'll figure that out eventually). And I've got KM 1.0.2 running too. (lost my backup on it, so had to do all those macro things from 0.9, etc. and now it works! Temporarily had a brain fog and couldn't remember how to copy over the search macros from 0.9 properly, so got macro redefinition errors until I remembered what was required! <SIGH>

Your idea about partitioning is a good one. Don't have that much space on this old Hard Drive, but still might be a way to do things. The funny thing about firewalls is that I was running Kerio 2.1.5 (my alltime favorite), but think it was Media Player 9 that allowed the infection in. Don't really know as I am still a rank newbie when it comes to W2000. But I have Partition Magic, so the opportunity to dual boot is there if I decide to do the work.

N
W98se once again!

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: November 02, 2006 08:19AM

@ndebord
Shoot me, but I don't see it (is it under different name? Im on a slow cell connection until I get back home, for now I have images off)

Date: November 02, 2006 08:37PM

Help! Does anyone have Early Blue Theme and if so, can we find a way to post it the themes section of the Wiki?

Much Thanks,

N

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 03, 2006 01:06AM

Google: Early Blue Theme k-meleon

http://ftp.mozilla-russia.org/kmeleon/resources/themes/
http://ftp.mozilla-russia.org/kmeleon/resources/themes/Early%20Blue.zip

In case You do not get other feedback. And ? You can go into more re-search.
You will have to translate cfg from Russian
( look at the functions! that is easier )
- update to 1.0 is needed anyway - so ... ?

p.s. tang/village theme aka boxed classic updated to 1.0+- i ll chek laptop 4 blue.
greetings

Date: November 04, 2006 02:39PM

Gunter,

Boxed Classic now updated? Excellent!

<g>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.