General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
KM 1.02
Posted by: bama1
Date: October 26, 2006 07:53PM

I just wanted to say what a great browser KM 1.02 is. I have always favored Opera as my favorite browser, but no more. After downloading and using KM 1.02, I have removed Opera from my system. I would like to say "JOB WELL DONE" to the developers and all the personnel who worked on this outstanding browser and a big thank you for all your hard work!

bama1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM 1.02
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 30, 2006 07:10AM

Bamal,

Glad to see someone else who likes K-Meleon. Take a look at the Wiki and the macro section there. You can find some interesting macro addons that can improve the browser and if you run into any isssues, just post here and someone will help you get stuff running the way you want it to.

N

Posted by: Carson
Date: November 05, 2006 04:04AM

Well, maybe here is where I should ask my question. I've heard that Mr. Gates feels his main competitor against Vista is going to be XP. (That's what he said!) Now, I'm using a "main competitor" to K-Meleon 1.02. This competitor is called K-Meleon 0.9.13. I'm a bit out of date, and I'm wondering where I should look to see the differences. Not so much the differences that are hidden, but more the things I should look for if/when I set up 1.02 alongside 0.9.13.

—And at the same time, I must renew an old question: I have some pretty nice, time-tested configs for K-Meleon. It is tempting to transfer everything over, but I am afraid I might obliterate something new and special. I don't remember just what I must be careful to AVOID switching over.

I'll keep both builds, of course.

(I have the same old Celeron, but 1 GB of RAM now and a nice video card. The card made as much difference as the RAM, because before I had a built-in video drain parasitizing the system.)

I heartily congratulate all you folk for having done so very well with the Lizard. I've kept K-M as my default browser all these years.

K-M still goes from cold to Google for me in 4 seconds or less, a typical lizard reaction, so it is always best for a quick call-up.

Posted by: rmn
Date: November 06, 2006 01:50AM

I'm wondering where I should look to see the differences. Not so much the differences that are hidden, but more the things I should look for if/when I set up 1.02 alongside 0.9.13.

For some of the most visible changes, see the "New" section in the 1.0 release notes. There's also a full changelog for 1.0x if you want the complete list.

I have some pretty nice, time-tested configs for K-Meleon. It is tempting to transfer everything over, but I am afraid I might obliterate something new and special. I don't remember just what I must be careful to AVOID switching over.

Hm, that's difficult. There is a lot of changes in 1.0x; I suggest you either try use your old profile (and possibly miss some of the new features; I can't even remember what they are, try looking through the changelog) or create a new profile and merge in the stuff from your old profile (you can do it the other way, merging the 1.0 profile into your old profile, but IMHO it's much more difficult).

Date: November 06, 2006 02:47AM

Well, thanks, rmn, you've answered my question well. I figure if someone with your background can't quite recall the variations, then the thing for me to do is to start the new guy from scratch. After all, I'm keeping my 0.9 anyway.

So I'll speed along slowly, and detail by detail I'll fix up the new one. That way I won't miss out on anything, and I'll bring myself up to date.

—Well, sort of up to date. Next question will be, "What has Hao been up to?" Maybe there's a third important K-M around here. . . .

Posted by: bob
Date: November 06, 2006 04:43AM

>K-M still goes from cold to Google for me in 4 seconds <

Go back to Costa Rica,you Google freak smiling smiley
You learn nothing about google in two years?
If you wanna stay here,theres new rules,no more that commie crapsmiling smiley

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 06, 2006 12:03PM

hi Carson, Fred made an issue that is similar to 0.9 but based on 1.x exe maybe look
there for ideas (& JohnHell seems to use customized Spanish 0.9 menus with his 1.0)- You could also update to new, fast 1.8.x GRE the k-m 0.9 for SM that Dorian first made last year. (As far as i remember keep backup:-).

p. s. Guess i do not have to remind You to work with backups, but just in case.
& wellcome back home & do not believe in bob

We have no new rules: old forumers may post "crap", whatever that is,
- which is proved by my posts regularily ;-)

Date: November 06, 2006 04:25PM

Hi, Bob, it's good to see they're still letting you out from time to time. smiling smiley Well, I don't really like Google or Gmail a whole lot, and I'd be happy to replace both. (But not with Yahoo!)

Guenter, I'll try that. This K-M I'm using has nothing wrong with it, so it makes me lazy. Glad to see you are still here.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.