General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Saving Data
Posted by: Raven
Date: July 23, 2002 03:27PM

Hi again..

You all do know that feature to save data for forms, don't you..
Well, I accidently pressed "yes"(=save) while being in a forum (I'm admin there).
Now when I try to edit a user's data, it keeps inserting my own data into the form every time (phpBB2).. so.. how can I turn it off again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Saving Data
Posted by: po
Date: July 23, 2002 07:04PM

If you're talking about login info (username/password) check the file in your profile directory that's named xxxxxxxx.s where 'xxxxxxxx' is a random string of numbers. you should be able to remove the entry with a text editor, but it's easier if it's an editor that understands *nix-style line endings...

Posted by: Raven
Date: July 24, 2002 02:36AM

well.. win editors don't undertand it. thats why I can't edit cookies...

Posted by: po
Date: July 24, 2002 03:30AM

you *can* do it in notepad, but it's painful...

try grabbing metapad ( http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/ )

or win32pad ( http://www.gena01.com/win32pad/ )

both of which are tiny downloads, free, and will make your life much easier. smiling smiley

Posted by: Al.
Date: July 25, 2002 06:29AM

I might also throw in my two cents worth and also suggest:
EDXOR , another small and feature rich text editor.

Posted by: Al.
Date: July 25, 2002 06:30AM

The URL for EDXOR is:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/freeware/edxor.htm
Silly me, I forgot that unless the URL starts with "www" then the message formatting tags don't work with this forum. :-)

Fix for PHPBB password problem
Posted by: Doon
Date: February 05, 2010 10:27AM

Raven
You all do know that feature to save data for forms, don't you..
Well, I accidently pressed "yes"(=save) while being in a forum (I'm admin there).
Now when I try to edit a user's data, it keeps inserting my own data into the form every time (phpBB2)..
so.. how can I turn it off again?

Almost eight years later I've encountered the same problem, and developed a solution.

I'm also an admin at a phpbb forum, and while viewing and editing user profile data K-Meleon keeps detecting the username/password fields in the forms and auto inserting my own username and password where they don't belong. When I log into the forum I obviously want K-Meleon to insert my name and password, but when I'm viewing other profiles with the admin tools this behavior is a serious problem.

To use the forum admin tools without interference the "remember login data" function must be disabled, as seen in the Privacy and Security Settings in the Preferences window. My 'solution' is just a quicker way of changing that setting, by using a macro.

The "remember login data" option toggles the preference "signon.rememberSignons" between true (on) and false (off). Having learned that a very simple macro can be used to toggle a boolean (true/false) preference, I used this:

phpbbfix{
togglepref(BOOL,"signon.rememberSignons");
}

I originally invoked it with some accelerator keys but later decided to create something more complex - a menu item that would also show the status. After hours of spirit crushing macro learnin' (I hate asking for help) I came up with the following.

#######  Macro to Toggle Automatic Login  #######

# (aka the "remember login data" option in Privacy and Security)

ToggleLoginData{
macroinfo=_("Toggles the Automatic Login Option");
menuchecked=!getpref(BOOL,"signon.rememberSignons");
togglepref(BOOL,"signon.rememberSignons");
}

LoginData{
setmenu(Preferences,macro,"Disable Login",ToggleLoginData);
setaccel("CTRL ALT L","macros(ToggleLoginData)");
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."LoginData;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."ToggleLogin;";

#######  End of Macro  #######

Paste that blue macro code into a text editor and save it as "ToggleLogin.kmm", then put it in the macros folder and restart K-Meleon. It will add a "Disable Login" option to the bottom of the Edit menu, and a check mark will appear next to the menu item when it's disabled. The option can also be toggled with the key combination Ctrl-Alt-L (L for Login).

For the purposes of a phpbb administrator, you can simply toggle the option before using the admin tools to prevent your own username and password from being inserted in the forms.

This macro can be customized in numerous ways, by changing the menu name, location and position in the setmenu line, by changing the hotkeys in the setaccel line, by changing the status bar text in the macroinfo line, etc. You could even create an all new boolean preference toggle by also changing the pref in the menuchecked and togglepref lines.

Re: Fix for PHPBB password problem
Posted by: siria
Date: February 05, 2010 12:33PM

Nice grinning smiley Hehe, I know exactly where you're coming from, and going to, so welcome among the macro addicts grinning smiley

Just two thoughts:
It would also make a nice addition to the privacy menu, seeing that there's also the "clear passwords" setting. Perhaps "Disable Passwords" under the "block"-entries? I'd somehow like better "Remember Passwords" but that would mean it's the only entry that is safer *without* a checkmark, so perhaps "disable" is better... although it sounds a bit like they were blocked... sigh, not easy, as usual tongue sticking out smiley

And to easier understand later where a command origines from:
ToggleLogin_Toggle (or just ToggleLogin) / ToggleLogin_BuildMenu

Ah yes, and post this with a more telling title than "Saving Data" in the extensions forum ;-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2010 01:45PM by siria.

passwords / remember login data option
Posted by: Doon
Date: February 06, 2010 03:04AM

smiling smiley
Your thoughts about adding the toggle to the privacy menu make sense, though it may fit more easily into the 'logical' right-click options on a privacy bar button. However, I don't foresee a general need for the toggle, since the setting seems to become a problem only in very rare circumstances.

For my purposes Disable Login made sense, but I did encourage customization...

re: menuchecked=!getpref

You see that "!" before getpref, I didn't see any documentation about it but discovered that it swaps the state of the checkmark. If you remove it (and change the wording to Enable Logins/Passwords) you will then have a checkmark when the option is Enabled.

> ToggleLogin_Toggle / ToggleLogin_BuildMenu

Ah yes, I understand, better labels. Thanks for your thoughts. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 11:04AM by Doon.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.