I am using K-meleon anda I liked it very much

but I want to also try firefox 2

so I must carry my bookmarks to firefox. how can I do it

I couldn't find where is the export link

and also when I click on import in firefox
it is importing bookmarks only from internet explorer

is there any way to use my k-meleon bookmarks on firefox

thanks

(p.s. = Sorry for my english because My english is not very good.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: exporting bookmarks
Posted by: Grendel
Date: October 30, 2006 04:11PM

K-Meleon stores bookmarks in an HTML file located in your preferences folder. (I think. Some K-Meleon distributions may place it in the Profile folder)

I'm not sure about Firefox, however.

Posted by: kko
Date: October 30, 2006 04:18PM

Simply copy bookmarks.html from K-Meleon's profile directory into Firefox's.

Posted by: Stumped
Date: January 17, 2007 06:25AM

The only bookmarks.html file I can find is in the defaults\profile folder. Needless to say it is only the default bookmarks. Where do I find the file with all the bookmarks I've accumulated since using K-Meleon.

Posted by: sliderule
Date: January 17, 2007 06:57AM

Stumped:

The following is true . . . assuming . . . you are really using Bookmarks ( rather then IE Favorites, or, Opera Hotlists ) as you have indicated above.

Method 1:

From the menu:

Edit -> Preferences -> left column click on . . . Plugins -> center column, click on Netscape Bookmark Plugin -> click Configure... button -> under Options is the exact location (directory) and name of the file is displayed.

Method 2:

from the URL bar, enter: about:config

in the Filter area, enter: kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.bookmarkFile

the exact location (directory) of your file will be displayed under Value.

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2007 06:58AM by sliderule.

Posted by: Dekan
Date: January 17, 2007 06:57AM

It'll either be in C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Applications Data\K-Meleon etc., or in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\(random string of characters)

Posted by: Stumped
Date: January 17, 2007 07:46AM

Success. Although I appreciate the time taken by sliderule. I have to give the prize to Dekan for the dumbed down version. It appears my bookmarks were in my C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Applications Data\K-Meleon folder. Thank you both for the help.

Now on another note I am looking for a good off line bookmark manager for transportation. I remember seeing someone mention one in a post here. But I'll be damned if I didn't search for that post a million times over and I still can't find it. Guess I should've bookmarked it when I had the chance. Any recommendations would be great.

Posted by: neolem
Date: January 17, 2007 03:55PM

I'm looking for a good bookmark manager too. Tried a few lately, and they all seem bloated, awkward to use and using too many resources (for constant use) and even expensive.

But then I found "Bookmark-Manager" that is free and open source and seems to use less resources. Runs conveniently in the system tray, sports a floating bookmark toolbar (which behaves a bit buggy here). Not too pretty looking, but it does quite a fine job of synchronizing bookmarks between all the browsers, though this is rather an awkward task (as in all bookmark managers). I think, I'll stick with this one. Maybe give it a try. You need the vbBKM version for a Windows operating system.

http://bkm.sourceforge.net/

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.