General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Ability to choose downloader
Posted by: Timoch
Date: August 08, 2002 02:27PM

I use flashget (with the Opera plugin) as a download assistant, but there are times when I would like to use the km downloader (because I find that the km is much faster, especially on small files). I would like be able to choose the downloader to do the download without needing to go into the km plugin folder and disabling the plugin. Is this possible? There are some downloads in which the km downloader came up without my doing anything special.
I have also used Stardownloader and I had to disable to plugin to it also to be able to use the km d/l.
The only reason I use I use flashget or star in the first place is that my ISP cuts me off periodically and I need the resume feature. I would change ISPs, but in my town, there is not a lot of choice other than AOHell and its offsprings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ability to choose downloader
Posted by: po
Date: August 08, 2002 08:00PM

after the next release (or if you're using one of the betas already) you may want to try adding a wget macro to your right-click menu, as described at the end of this thread:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=4252&t=4252

since it can easily be used or not used that way, and it's quite stable over flaky connections (and does re-attempts and resumes).

Posted by: Michael
Date: August 27, 2002 09:04AM

Can someone tell me how to install the flashget plug in? I've followed the instructions as best I can, but the plugin does't show in preferences and doesn't activate.

I put the .dll in k-meleon\kplugins and nothing happened, even after a restart of k-meleon

thanks.

Posted by: po
Date: August 27, 2002 07:04PM

i think you want it in 'plugins' instead of 'kplugins' (which is for k-meleon-specific plugins)...

also,

"To review the plugins recognized by K-Meleon, enter about:plugins in the URL bar. 3rd party plugins are not listed under Edit - Preferences - Plugins. The only plugins listed there are K-Meleon specific plugins."

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.