General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Favorites not alphabetical
Posted by: bongski55
Date: August 14, 2002 02:57AM

How to make the IE favorites display alphabeticaly?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorites not alphabetical
Posted by: James Bond
Date: August 14, 2002 02:24PM

Right-click, Sort by Name.

Posted by: jwac1
Date: August 14, 2002 04:52PM

I assume he is asking about how to sort in K-Meleon not IE.

I would like to know how to do that myself. The right click does nothing in K-Meleon.

Posted by: Nick
Date: August 14, 2002 06:01PM

Strange, mine are sorted alphabetically anyway... and always have been... but I would like to sort as you can in IE. I used to have my most popular at the top etc.

I can't do that in KM.

Nick

Posted by: James Bond
Date: August 14, 2002 09:26PM

If you use IE Favorites plugin, you can just sort in IE and it'll work for KM also.

Date: August 15, 2002 05:26AM

Of course I use IE plugin otherwise it would not display in km;-)) .In ie the favorites is alphabetical not in KM. I have no way of rearranging in km.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: August 15, 2002 09:42PM

Yeah, I've been wondering why the K-M Favorites menu is so chaotic. The links are in alphabetical order, but the folders are scrambled. Since I prefer alphabetical order wherever I can't arrange things some other sensible way, it's annoying. >:p
Anybody have a wise word for us? ;-)

Date: August 23, 2002 12:18AM

Well, I did it myself. Pure serendipity, of course. Having the Favorites on my Windows Explorer toolbar had always seemed like a nuisance to me, but today I had to kick it around in order to make it do some work for me.
When I dropped it down the first time, I saw that the folders were in the same non-order as in K-M's Fave menu. Light bulb over head grinning smiley. I dragged it into order. Then I shut down the K-M loader and restarted it. Menu was all tidied up.
Then I put all the internet shortcuts/folders into one folder named "W", so I could use the root folder for some special Windows shortcuts (which don't show on the K-M menu) without having a mile-long menu.
I hate housecleaning, but when I do it I kick butt. winking smiley

Date: August 26, 2002 10:59AM

Perhaps it is something in my PC but all files in my PC display alphabetically in Explorer and that includes IE favorites. It is only in kmeleon wherein it is not alphabetical. I have coded a web Browser before in delphi and alphabetical favrites is easy to empliment. I am not coding kmeleon .

Posted by: Nick
Date: August 27, 2002 06:33PM

But as I have said, on my machine, in IE the favourites list is as I order them... in KM, it _is_ alphabetically sorted no matter how much I try to re-arrange them?

There must be something underlying in the OS that allows so much difference between users.

Nick

Date: September 06, 2002 02:06PM

"something underlying in the OS that allows so much difference between users"
vast understatement ;-)
Oddly? my K-M faves have gotten slightly out of order again, and refuse to be fixed. Probably have to do something drastic, like delete everything in the Favorites folder, reboot, restore faves from backup, restart K-M... ehhhh, it's not that important LOL
I would like to see a REALLY user-friendly version of Windows, oh ROFL
Well, like my imaginary aunt Hildy always said, "That which doesn't drive us totally bazonkers is Educational."
I'm just thankful that K-M does make use of the Favorites, and updates fairly well. All the other browsers I use carry over old versions that never reflect changes to the actual directory. That's pretty useless. Thankee, K-M, for the friendly flexibility.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.