General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
www.odeon.co.uk
Posted by: polo
Date: August 18, 2002 08:58AM

A friend can't get this to work in K-M. I've tried it too and with JS on you still get a blank page when you click on the opening page. Stuck from then on. Does it need IE with ActiveX or some trendy stuff to run. I have Flash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: www.odeon.co.uk
Posted by: kc
Date: August 18, 2002 10:37AM

Hello Polo,
You mean with the blank page, the page with the image only?
If so, I got the same and no links to anywhere. Looks like a dead end.

But when I load this page in IE I get the same result.
Do you get something different in IE then?

I also looked at the source of the "blank" page. Looks like java is involved here. But my knowledge is not good enough to figure out what it should do.

Hope this helps a bit

Date: August 18, 2002 12:06PM

Yes I get the same as you - dead end. Haven't tried IE, that's why I asked. Weird!

Posted by: Andrew_G
Date: August 18, 2002 06:02PM

No problem with IE6 or Opera 6.05.

Posted by: kc
Date: August 20, 2002 07:05PM

Hello Andrew,
What do you mean with no problem.
Do you have links on the second page or do you also see only an image and no where to go to?
I see the same behaviour in KM as in IE 6.026

Posted by: Andrew_G
Date: August 21, 2002 01:40PM

Yes,there are 5 Links-Register,Films,Cinemas,Behind The Screens and Book Now,and I am able to navigate through them,for example, under Films the 1st film is 40 Days and 40 Nights,(,just mentioned that so that you will know that I am not just making it up).

I will do some experimenting with KM and if I come up with anything, I will post my findings.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: August 22, 2002 04:03AM

Another case of overdone website. Whatever happened to K.I.S.S.? winking smiley Opera has no problem with it. I don't know which is worse, the amateurs whanging up big bloaties with MSOffice, or the professionals who have to Impress The Hell Out Of people with more money than brains. >:p (rant rant)
Me an' my K-Meleon just tippy-toe away and play elsewhere... LOL

Posted by: ojw
Date: August 22, 2002 01:21PM

Odeon has, so far as I can remember, the 5 link buttons in boxes off-screen, which move in towards their final positions onscreen using IE-only javascript to make the navbar visible.

I seem to remember they also have a windows-only splash screen, using something weird (flash? activeX?), so if you bookmark anything, don't bookmark the front page.

Probably not worth bothering with a site as bad as this: their phone service is even worse, and you might be better off going to a local cinema (or at least, looking up film-times on cefax and paying at the door)

I did email odeon, but they're quite happy to lose the 20-25% of customers with alternative browsers, so what can I say?

Posted by: Mark
Date: August 26, 2002 03:28PM

I look up film times on the web, but the Odeon site is slow [when using IE] or blank [when using most other browsers]. To find the times for my local cinema involves searching through many screens.

I find Scoot much easier to use [and it does all the local cinemas]

Date: August 26, 2002 04:23PM

Yeah http://www.teletext.co.uk/bigscreen is good too as well individual cinema companies (www.uci-cinemas.co.uk, etc). Sometimes you may want a certain cinema and screen even as it's got the latest super sound system for the next blockbuster..This uses Mirago: http://cgi.www.oview.co.uk/cgi-bin/www.oview.co.uk/mirago.pl

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.