General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Too many favorites
Posted by: GAK
Date: August 25, 2002 07:24PM

I've got thousands of favorites. When I open the browser, a box pops up after about ten seconds that says I have too many favorites. Is there any way to disable the browser from doing this? I was thinking it would simply take a new favorites file. Grrrrr,
I'm perfectly willing to use my windows explorer program to launch favorites until KMeleon gets over this hurdle. By the way, i"m collecting more favorites by the hour. So i think it's important to have the ability to store zillions, not just 512.
Gregg K

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too many favorites
Posted by: po
Date: August 25, 2002 07:45PM

k-meleon is already over this hurdle... the upcoming release is _significantly_ overhauled in just about every way relative to 0.6 (it has to be... after making everybody wait soooooooooo long) so you might not want to get *too* adapted to some of the limitations of 0.6... just go lightly for the moment, and know that the best is yet to come... use a flyswatter on the nay-sayers, if you have to. smiling smiley

Posted by: polo
Date: August 25, 2002 08:43PM

Do you backup / have copies of your fave file GAK? Otherwise you'll get a nervous breakdown if your PC is stolen or the hard disk fails with that many favourites. Personally I prefer to write them down in a notebook as a backup.

Posted by: GAK
Date: August 26, 2002 04:05PM

Are you kidding? You couldn't beat me with a brick to get me to leave this great browser. And I have backups of my favs. Thank you for a great browser and thank you for your kind advice on saving favs. I also take photos of my files!
Gregg K
PS I'm an unemployed engineer who is good at finding bugs and problems. Use me! I'm free and have all the time in the world (right now). I would love to get praise for a facet of my ability that usually just annoys people. I have half a dozen possible problems with the browser and I've only had it three days.

Posted by: po
Date: August 26, 2002 07:13PM

then get thee to the dev list, and start using the current beta, so you can direct your obsessiveness at bugs that have yet to be fixed! smiling smiley

http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/kmeleon-dev

but read up first, so you know what's already been reported, as well as how to patch up the last beta version, which is a little bit broken as packaged...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.