General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: phoenix
Posted by: Andrew
Date: September 24, 2002 07:28PM

Are you still seeing the pages rendered differently? We are aware of the problem with the ESPN blocking non-IE browsers. I'm more concerned if we are seeing differences once we get into the site.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: y0yodyne
Date: September 24, 2002 09:23PM

I am most certainly seeing differences in rendering between K-Meleon .65 build 488 and Phoenix .1 I'll submit screen shots to the dev list.

Date: September 24, 2002 09:37PM

Thanks. That will make it much easier to narrow down the problem.

Posted by: Kevin Holloway
Date: September 25, 2002 02:04AM

K-meleon has missed the boat. The lack of new releases (0.7) means that Phoenix will now be the browser-only version of Mozilla.

K-meleon may be better than Phoenix, but it is easier to get Phoenix and already Phoenix has a higher profile than K-meleon. The lack of releases and the stale web pages are to blame.

I may be wrong. The test is with the K-meleon team. Provide something or people will go elsewhere.

Kevin Holloway

Posted by: y0yodyne
Date: September 25, 2002 12:29PM

Well, I tried to submit screen shots to the dev list, but the message was rejected because it exceeded the 40kb size limitation. Any other way to get you these images?

Date: September 25, 2002 12:36PM

y0yodyne,

Send them to me directly - you can get my e-mail address under Help - About.

Posted by: JoJo
Date: September 25, 2002 07:21PM

Phoenix starts up faster and runs faster than Kmeleon does on my current PC (2.4 ghz P4). However, the opposite is true for my slower PC (500mhz). Phoenix has a larger footprint b/c it still has a lot of the extra crap from Mozilla tied into it, but that is supposed to be cut out over the next month. The nightly builds of Phoenix are coming along fast since the Mozilla browser is already solid (just a little cleaning and a new interface).

I still like Kmeleon just from the fact that it blends in w/ my system....

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: September 25, 2002 07:36PM

"Phoenix starts up faster and runs faster than Kmeleon does on my current PC (2.4 ghz P4)."

Wonder why that is. Does it really take that long to start K-Meleon (without the loader)?

On my Athlon XP1900+ it starts in about 2 seconds (This after a restart of the system, and without the loader). Might be because I am using a newer build, or because I don't use the favorites, layers, fullscreen, or hotlist plugins, but don't see how that would make much of a difference.

Posted by: Fuzzy
Date: September 25, 2002 07:46PM

I found Phoenix to just not be as neat and quick as KMeleon. Obviously, P is in an earlier build, but still KMeleon is alot farther along, and I think it shows, in speed and the quality of what you get.

Posted by: TheWebDevGuy
Date: September 26, 2002 06:02AM

I like em both!
I said it once and I'll probably say it a thousand...

Pheonix is a great dev-platform to build Moz apps etc

K-meleon is fun! It's a jow to browse it's a cench to customize...

I expect to have a customized version to give out to our clients and trated show guests...

But if I can't get K to run from a CD then I may have to go with Pheonix because I'd like to be able to controll our presentation environent...

That's where I see the rebel browsers fighting back and winning first.

"... Oh, you like this? Think it looks cool?...Well of course it does 'cause it's not running on Microsloth Technology..."

"I want to run that on my system..."

"Say no more just puth the button, click the magic clicks and volah!!!"

This is one way I can see Toydrum fighting the big bad giant...

Yours Truly,
~TheRodster

a.k.a. Rodney Giles
Chief Engineering Architect
Toydrum Web & Media

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.