General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: You still exist???!
Posted by: Holit
Date: September 30, 2002 04:46PM

The problem is that people like me who tried K-Meleon a year ago and found it entirely too buggy to use don't realize it is being worked on because the front page shows no updates. I just checked these forums because I was wondering why the website was still up if the project was dead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Al.
Date: September 30, 2002 10:18PM

"The problem is that people like me who tried K-Meleon a year ago and found it entirely too buggy to use don't realize it is being worked on because the front page shows no updates. I just checked these forums because I was wondering why the website was still up if the project was dead."

Yeah, it is a bit of a problem when you have to click more than once to find the answers you are looking for. A real right pain in the finger.
But of course now, after you looked at the developers mailing list archives, and you perused these forums, you are now aware that the project is still alive.

Posted by: Stefan
Date: October 01, 2002 06:09AM

> Yeah, it is a bit of a problem when you have to click more than once to find the answers you are looking for. A real right pain in the finger.

Yes, why don't you continue ridiculing people bringing up a real world problem.
That is real constructive...

The fact is that having a newspage beeing dead for a years means the Project is dead in 99%+ of the cases.
If you don't belive me go find me 1 more website for basicly anything that is still active but latest entry on the page is one year old.

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 01, 2002 06:33AM

"Yes, why don't you continue ridiculing people bringing up a real world problem.
That is real constructive..."

I wasn't really ridiculing anyone, just highlighting the irony of people posting complaints like that one. The irony is, after not finding anything initially, the user then clicked around and found the answers they were after. But then the first thing they complain about is not being able to find the answers initially. Don't you see the irony in that? Sure the "News" page doesn't say much, but then the News section isn't the be all and end all of this site, and more often than not the next stop for somebody is these forums, which are abundant with answers, including the one about what's happening with the project etc.

"The fact is that having a newspage beeing dead for a years means the Project is dead in 99%+ of the cases."

This is the 1% where it isn't.

"If you don't belive me go find me 1 more website for basicly anything that is still active but latest entry on the page is one year old."

If case you hadn't noticed, they like to do things differently around here. ;-)

Posted by: Steven
Date: October 01, 2002 08:20AM

Besides, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that only users with enough ambition & sense to click twice or more are the only ones discovering K-Meleon.

Posted by: Juliano
Date: October 10, 2002 07:10AM

Hello, i think you really should realese the next kmeleon even if the browser isn't THAT good.
For me, the browser just need to be better than kmeleon 0.6.
It just for guys like me, not to think that the project died.
And them, with more time, you could release a kmeleon 0.8 a few weeks later, with some improvemements, of course.

Also, i think that the kmeleon site needs a redesign and you could talk with downloads.com for example to show the next version of kmeleon when it comes out.

Anyway... i like kmeleon because it's incredible small and light. Mozilla and Phoenix is very heavy on my computer... i will not like if Kmeleon goes to the same way. But i think the browser should be as compatible than mozilla 1.1 or even better. It's all that i hope, a small browser and very compatible.

Well, i'm not very good in english... it's just for you guys see that kmeleon make sucess across the world... at least i know it. grinning smiley

Posted by: Stefan
Date: October 10, 2002 01:17PM

> Besides, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that only users with enough ambition & sense to click twice or more are the only ones discovering K-Meleon.

Perhaps grinning smiley

Posted by: Holit
Date: October 14, 2002 08:58AM

Al.> Yeah, it is a bit of a problem when you have to click more than
Al.> once to find the answers you are looking for. A real right pain
Al.> in the finger.

I tend to not waste my time with things like searching sites that
appear dead or insulting people just expressing their opinion based
on their experience.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Stefan> Yes, why don't you continue ridiculing people bringing up a
Stefan> real world problem. That is real constructive...

Thanks for the reassurance that sensible minds do exist here.

Al.> I wasn't really ridiculing anyone, just highlighting the irony of
Al.> people posting complaints like that one. The irony is, after not
Al.> finding anything initially, the user then clicked around and
Al.> found the answers they were after. But then the first thing they
Al.> complain about is not being able to find the answers initially.
Al.> Don't you see the irony in that?

1. Yes, you were ridiculing me. Don't worry, I'll get over it. smiling smiley

2. That's not irony, get a dictionary.

3. You are incorrectly describing the nature of my initial post. I
was commenting about how the extreme lack of updates on the front page
gives users the appearance that K-Meleon is a dead project.

This is an odd course of action for the team to take given that they
also have a link advertising their need for people to contribute to
the project. A few minutes each month to update the NEWS section with
a status blurb would have attracted more people to explore the site
further which may have led to a few more contributors. At the very
least, word would have been spreading a little quicker about the
project than it has been and you would have more beta testers (if they
are being used for bug finding.)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.