General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
sux
Posted by: ÷éÆæ
Date: September 11, 2002 10:26AM

i only found out about kmeleon from a friend last week and its nothing that he was bragging about. i guess i'll stick with IE6 SP1. This browser is a piece of crap based on 0.9.5 mozilla when the real mozilla is past 1.1 , too many rendering errors if they dont update the engine then this will be obsolete. also it doesnt have any features!! this cant do anything right. if u want to start a broswer then atleast do a decent effort

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sux
Posted by: EvilTroll
Date: September 11, 2002 06:11PM

Go ahead stick with IE6. Expose yourself to a multitude of security problems and the MicroSoft "because we told you so" attitude in feature implementation or lack thereof. Andrumour has it that KM 0.7 will be based on a more advanced moz..

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: September 11, 2002 06:27PM

Do you realize that any version under 1.0 is beta? Some features are not implemented in v0.6.

Posted by: Al.
Date: September 11, 2002 09:48PM

"Do you realize that any version under 1.0 is beta? Some features are not implemented in v0.6."

Actually I believe that the OP (÷éÆæ) is probably aware of that fact. Me detects another "I think I'll put my spin on the situation, and try and hurry up 0.7" style postings. The signs are there: "too many rendering errors if they dont update the engine then this will be obsolete". Just another impatient user by the sounds of things ;-)

Posted by: SJ Zero
Date: September 12, 2002 04:06AM

The reasons I still use K-meleon as my ONLY web browser, and recommend it whenever I'm given a chance:

K-Meleon has the fewest crash bugs of any web browser more advanced than lynx. It renders any pages I use perfectly(save one, non-lethal bug), it doesn't allow my hard drive to be deleted remotely, or my computer to be infected with adware.
It doesn't crash in normal operation. Any problems I have are easily reproducable(and therefore avoidable), whereas MSIE(and to a lesser extent, mozilla) crash on a whim. I routinely have OVER 100 WINDOWS open without stability problems under Windows 2000. It never crashes because of such things. K-Meleon QA is second to none.

Posted by: Steven
Date: September 12, 2002 04:39PM

"IE6 SP1"? Is that a reference to Service Pack 1? How peculiar...

Posted by: Ok bye bye now
Date: September 12, 2002 06:22PM

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out m'kay? C'ya! :-)

Posted by: Ya, ok, whatever
Date: September 12, 2002 06:25PM

If you can't make a calm, civilized, rational and intelligent case for whatever point you're trying to make, then expect nothing less from "you're an idiot" to indifference, ÷éÆæ.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.