General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
toolbar gone on new Reply window
Posted by: don hinds
Date: September 29, 2002 02:02AM

When I use http://www.netaddress.com/ and cklick Reply to a message it opens a New window and there is no Toolbar, so I canot edit (copy cut paste) in the message,. This makes K-Melon just about useless to me as Netaddress ia my main EMAIL.

I don't suppose there is a setting to fix this? Otherwise so far, I like it.

Don

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: toolbar gone on new Reply window
Posted by: Steven
Date: September 29, 2002 05:52AM

Don, you can always -- in just about every program that runs in Windows -- hold the control key & press C to copy, V to paste, X to cut & Z to undo any highlighted text. You'll find this often works even in DOS programs that don't have any such thing as a toolbar. Otherwise, I suggest you try right-clicking on the link (if it is infact a link) to open the reply page in a new window & see if that changes anything. It's just an idea, so don't send ninjas after me if it doesn't help. It's been a long time since I used netaddress & I forget if they used links or buttons for that kind of thing. Good luck with your EMAIL.

Posted by: rmn
Date: September 29, 2002 03:11PM

Hm. I think Ctrl+C, V, and, X are Windows-specific. The DOS equivalents are Ctrl+Insert for copy, Shift+Insert for paste, and Shift+Delete for cut.

Posted by: rmn
Date: September 29, 2002 03:14PM

Oh, and Alt+Backspace for undo.

Date: September 29, 2002 08:39PM

You're probably right, rmn, though I don't use DOS enough to know. I was refering to some DOS based applications I have that went out of their way to function like Windows programs, so even the hotkeys are the same. Neat, huh?

Ctrl-E doesn't work
Date: September 30, 2002 12:33AM

The Ctrl-E doesn't even work in a window that HAS tookbar with Edit. I have to click on Edit to copy cut or paste

Don

Posted by: po
Date: September 30, 2002 01:35AM

if you mean Alt+E to drop the Edit menu from the menu bar, this currently only works if you disable the Rebar Menu plugin under Edit>Preferences>Plugins...

don't send ninjas after me, either, ok?

Date: September 30, 2002 02:55AM

Don...
No, you don't *have* to click Edit to Copy Cut or Paste. I don't see anyplace that anyone recommended using Ctrl-E. The menus don't even have to exist to edit text. People used computers long before Windows menus were stolen from Apple.

What I'm saying is this:

If you highlight text in just about ANY Windows program, you can use the hotkeys, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V, & even Ctrl-Z to Copy, Cut, Paste, & undo respectively. There will be no menus or tookbars involved in this process. The text, however, will be edited without the need to even touch your mouse.

Wordstar commands
Date: September 30, 2002 04:30PM

" If you highlight text in just about ANY Windows program, you can use the hotkeys, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V, & even Ctrl-Z to Copy, Cut, Paste, & undo respectively."

OK That works. It's been YEARS since I used Wordstar for DOS. Thanks for reminding me.

Abe

Ctrl C and Ctrl V suddenly stopped working
Posted by: Jack Birchall
Date: February 03, 2007 02:10PM

I use my computer mostly for writing and editing text. All of a sudden, it has stopped using the CTRL C and CTRL V macros and I haven't a clue as to why or what program might be interfering. Do you think it might have been Ninjas? And how do I get back to square one?

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 03, 2007 09:32PM

Hi,
Try change configuration in Edit -> Advanced Preferences or push F2.
Go to JavaScript -> Popup Windows section you have "Popup Window Appearance" options group.
You must mark "Menu bar" option below text "Determine which window elements scripts are not allowed to hide or to display against your preference:".

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.