General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
NS Bookmark Plugin Not Loaded
Posted by: Edwin Groot
Date: October 05, 2002 01:40PM

I upgraded Netscape 4.75 to K-Meleon 0.6 build 547 on my WinNT4 machine with SP6a. Works great (faster JS), but one problem:
I don't see any bookmarks bar or menu item. I checked the Forum and Bug reports, but no relevent info. Am I missing something in order to activate the bookmarks? Here is a summary of what I did:
Logged in as Admin. and ran installer. Unchecked IE Favorites option. K-Meleon runs after install. Edit|Preferences|Plugins shows only the Macro Extension, Toolbar Control, Rebar Menu, History and Fullscreen plugins and all are enabled. No 'Bookmark Plugin' visible. View|Toolbars shows only Tool Bar, URL Bar and Status Bar and all are enabled. Exited KM.
F:\Program Files\K-Meleon\kplugins\bookmarks.dll exists and is dated 10/26/01. Copied my NS Bookmark.htm (108 bookmarks) as Bookmark.htm and Bookmarks.htm to:
F:\Program Files\K-Meleon\, ~profiles\default\, and ~7m5q6v3z.slt\.
Started KM. Manage Profiles dialog appears. Unchecked Ask at startup. Used 'default' profile, as I have no profiles. Still no bookmarks.
Logged in as regular user. Still no bookmarks.
Restarted. Still no bookmarks. Removed KM as Admin. Reinstalled KM as regular user and repeated above. Still no bookmarks.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Edwin
groot@mail.uni-mainz.de

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NS Bookmark Plugin Not Loaded
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 05, 2002 02:18PM

Edwin,

Do you have the Bookmarks Menu on your main menu? It would be between Go and Help.

Date: October 05, 2002 03:14PM

Nope Andrew, only menu items are:
File, Edit, View, Go, Help.

EG

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: October 05, 2002 05:01PM

Go to Edit - Preferences - Plugins

Is 'Netscape Bookmark Plugin' listed? If so, is it checked?

Date: October 07, 2002 08:20AM

Hi Jason,
The Netscape Bookmark Plugin is not present in the list of plugins. YES, I did select it when I installed K-Meleon.

'bookmarks.dll' is present in the plugins folder, so I think this DLL is not being loaded when I start K-Meleon.

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: October 07, 2002 11:39AM

I had the same problem on a fresh install of win98. Sorry though, I do not know exactly what was causing the problem. After I installed Norton System Works, and cleaned up windows 'defualt errors' it started working fine. I believe it probably had something to do with an ActiveX problem (As most other errors dealt with other programs installed). I wish I had the time to create a new install to see if I could find the problem, but I don't.

You may want to remove all other plugins from the folder to see if it works. If it does, start adding the others back. If you find a plugin that is bothering, please post it.

Date: October 09, 2002 04:06PM

Using Edit|Preferences|Plugins I disabled all plugins, one at a time. Each time on restarting KM the 'Bookmarks' menu never appeared.
Removing all files except 'bookmarks.dll' from the ~\K-Meleon\kplugins folder did not help either.
Grrrr.

Date: October 13, 2002 01:07PM

Extra info. I found:
I think something's weird about my NT4 setup. I installed K-Meleon on a friends NT4 system and the damn Bookmark menu appears fine on his machine!
On his system, Edit|Preferences|Plugins show two more plugins than mine: Bitmapped Menus, and Netscape Bookmark Plugin. He also has little icons beside some of the menu items, which I don't have.

Posted by: Luiz Fernando
Date: November 06, 2002 06:56PM

download and install msvcp60.dll

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.