General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Forum War
Posted by: rmn
Date: October 09, 2002 02:09PM

I've realized that many topics in this forum has gone from simple questions or trollings to harsh answers, and finally into flame wars. Three topics that I remember: KM 0.7, tabs (closed by Ulf's Layers plugin), and -- the newest -- Phoenix.

On one side, it's good to see that many people are concerned with the quality development of KM. The number of people asking for v0.7 may be an indication that people like KM and would like to see a better KM. Many people are also asking about KM's advantages over Phoenix, which may act like a whip for the developers (no offence here) to get KM going better than any other browser.

However, on the other side, 'real' wars and even 'virtual' wars often lead to casualties. Imagine how long it will take for someone to find a useful information inside a thread of flame war. I believe some people read KM's all new postings in the forum daily, so it's a waste of time for them if they have to read these useless fights.

Maybe it's time to stop piling 'junks' all over the forum....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forum War
Posted by: Al.
Date: October 10, 2002 02:23AM

"I've realized that many topics in this forum has gone from simple questions or trollings to harsh answers, and finally into flame wars. Three topics that I remember: KM 0.7, tabs (closed by Ulf's Layers plugin), and -- the newest -- Phoenix."

There's one you forgot: the new Mozilla version announcements. Every time a new version of Moz was released, you'd have some drive-by popping in and making an announcement about it, in the hope of "motivating" the K-Meleon team to hurry up with that next release. ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.