Save page as
Posted by: BVV
Date: October 12, 2002 12:08PM

I'm having some kind of problem with using "Save page as..."; most of the time it doesn't work.
There doesn't seem to be anything I can do wrong (or is there) in this case, so what could be wrong?

Re: Save page as
Posted by: po
Date: October 12, 2002 08:07PM

If you're using version 0.6, this is a known bug... it's been fixed in current code.

Not much that can be done about it, that i know of, other than restart k-meleon.

Posted by: ra
Date: October 13, 2002 12:29AM

In 6.5 - 488 it is broken, again.

I don't remember any cvs changes that stated that it has been fixed again.

So, has it really been fixed?

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 13, 2002 12:40AM

Maybe Po has some inside info that we're not privy to, as I noticed and made mention a while ago about that very same problem being in 0.65 build488.

Date: October 13, 2002 02:03AM

po could be mistaken... ;]

i haven't experienced this problem myself in the last couple of betas, and i don't recall it showing up on the still-outstanding bugs lists andrew has been compiling, but if it's confirmed to still be happening, then i should probably go sift around and double check, and maybe i'll try to gratuitously stress that function a little more in my own use for a while...

Date: October 13, 2002 02:23AM

ok... i think i've figured out the confusion...

in the current beta, there is this bug:

7) On File - Save As, it only saves "Web Page, Complete". No other file
types listed are saved.

which i've never encountered, because i only use the File>Save As... with 'Web Page, Complete', and not very often at that... but what i seem to remember about 0.6 is that it would, at some point into a session, simply stop saving things... so, umm... in that sense, the bug i *think* the original poster was referring to seems to be fixed, but there's a new, similar, but consistent and limited one that has opportunistically popped up into it's niche... does that sound right? smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.